Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Names lost @ SnapNames & NameJet? What other dropping service is picking them up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted here. But have a question that I'm struggling with. For as long as I can remember, I put backorders in at both SnapNames and NameJet on names that I want to backorder. And every time, I get the domain (or at least will be in the auction as one of these two services capture the name) at one of these 2 services.

But in the last month, I've noticed how both SnapNames and NameJet were not able to get 2 of the names that I've wanted. I'm wondering where they could be going in a backorder? They've both been in the "pending delete" status and were definitely backordred. So I'm curious to find out if Pool.com or GoDaddy's backorder service is now starting to override SnapNames and NameJet? I've always noticed that Pool.com and GoDaddy were more obscure and when a name in SnapNames and NameJet were backordrered, Pool or GoDaddy would never get them.

So is the landscape of dropping/backordering names changing to other name recovering services other than SnapNames and NameJet?

Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated ... thanks!

thehostdir

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have previously tried Godaddy , but it has never worked ..same with namejet but Snapnames has always got the name I tried to backorder.

Pool Never tried yet.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Pool in 3-4 years but when I did, SnapNames and NameJet would ALWAYS get the backorder. So I'm wondering if there is an order of priority in the backorder / drop monitoring services.

I guess, moving forward, if I REALLY REALLY want a name bad, I need to put a backorder in at SnapNames, NameJet, GoDaddy, and Pool.

But besides those 4, are there any others out there? I'm only aware of those 4 at the moment.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are private dropcatchers. Andrew Reberry is one notable example. He has been catching drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom