Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

namewinner mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes in the past, notification has taken several days and actual transfer weeks on occasions - it's irritating but not dishonest - thread title edited.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Webname.

I also sent a thank you/apology to NW.

I also suggested that their software be updated, when it shoes the 'grey' closed/we did not get the domain thingy be updated.
For the price, they are great!

My apologies also to all.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
similar but not, my last billing update page at namewiiner was 120603

but it "won" me one the other week.. and i got the notificatin from doster at 21.52 GMT... but still not in my namewinner billing hsitory.. but as long as dosters syas i have got it then fine. :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was going after a .info. I was high bidder. It dropped. Checked again and was high bidder. Went to sleep. I was outbid and lost the domain.

Support said that they don't allow bidding after a domain is caught.
I asked them to see the timestamps on the bids but no reply.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Namewinner does this sometimes. I've had two instances where I had the high bid on the domain and it states that it closed. A couple of days later I will get an email billing me for the domain and it will be in my account. They were both dot coms though. Possibly won by another snapback service, defaulted payment, and relinquished to NameWinner? I don't know, better warm up the Mystery Machine and try to solve the mystery.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I was going after a .info. I was high bidder. It dropped. Checked again and was high bidder. Went to sleep. I was outbid and lost the domain.

Support said that they don't allow bidding after a domain is caught.
I asked them to see the timestamps on the bids but no reply.

.infos have no set drop time, so I don't think they fit the model of their scripts. I have both won and lost infos before and after the normal 1PM EST time. The problem is you don't know if and when the domain is dropped until you visit the whois.info page which is updated normally within an hour or so of the actual pickup. Most of the time (inconsistent) on their site, infos don't show the drop date.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know really well how .infos are dropping.
When I say it dropped, I mean that I checked the whois and it showed namewinner as the registrant. .info whois is updated within 5 to 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom