Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Nasty.com at $150,000 on ebay?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Overture Searches w/ ext for May 2006 is 3565. Not bad at all. It's better than bob.com at 1040 and he's asking 250,000*.

Price will probably get around 180k-200k. The high bidder has been around since 1998, so it looks like a good situation so far.
I'd hate to find out what kind of auction fees are involved though.

edit: bob.com is now asking for 250k, down from 1.5 million

Domain Days 2024

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beyond my understanding of humans. Certainly the seller is in a good position though. Maybe he will avoid the ebay fee.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Without the Ebay Fee he never gets this exposure. This name will go for much more than 200K....just watch.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Creature said:
Beyond my understanding of humans. Certainly the seller is in a good position though. Maybe he will avoid the ebay fee.

WHAT is it you don't understand? How a premium one word five letter WORD sells for 6 figures? Anyone in this business should understand that unless they are a hobbyist. IMO

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Creature, I think the auction might be pulled off the table before it ends. Humans are always seeking a better position than before, it's the nature of the species.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can they do that when there are bids pending?

I think at 150K is a fair value but with space for end-users to bid higher

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain is as garbage as it's dictionary definition i wouldnt take it for free

I love that question (someone asked it to the Ebay seller) :)

That same guy probably went and listed Horny-Geisha.com for $25,000,000

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did it sell ?

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It shows it sold to a member with a 0 ebay rating???? I also went to see if there was any feedback for the transaction and so far nothing!!!
It looks fishy to me and I would be PO'd if a person with a 0 feedback rating was bidding on an item for over $10,000

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you sold ferraris would you be angry if somebody who didnt already have a ferrari walked in and brought one? :)

Dont automatically rule people out as a bad buyer just because they dont have a history :) A lot of people will signup for brand new accounts to mask who they are so they can come in under the radar against other buyers.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
If you sold ferraris would you be angry if somebody who didnt already have a ferrari walked in and brought one? :)

Dont automatically rule people out as a bad buyer just because they dont have a history :) A lot of people will signup for brand new accounts to mask who they are so they can come in under the radar against other buyers.

That's right. It could also be the original person who showed interest at around 180K.

Bottom line is that this name might be the best adult name in the world because it safe enough to advertise anywhere and NASTY enough to get the job done.

The buyer made out like a bandit, though it is a nice chunk of change for the seller. Looks like a Win-Win.

All any domainer needs is one nasty name like this and they could get lucky enough to never work again. This name could be sold for much more with a little luck.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The real value in this name is in development.. if they park it, its an absolute waste.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty incredible name. Brandable isn't the right word, how about already branded? It's in an industry that has a proven ability to make a lot of money. I honestly don't think it gets much better than this.

it is a HUGE domain worth much more
:whoo:

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This name is worth a lot more than the 180k. The person who bought it could hang onto it and easily sell it for at least double that amount. Just like someone else said, this name is already branded, brandability doesnt apply to a premium name like this that would be obvious for whats on the site, just like sex.com.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
The real value in this name is in development.. if they park it, its an absolute waste.

Eventual development. The buyer could simply park it right now and then approach adult companies in the next few years. With a targeted approach they could triple their money and it wouldn't surprise me.

Except for breaking technology all of the good names are officially taken. Great names have nowhere to go but up....this will last until you start hearing people on the street mentioning domain names, and I haven't heard it yet.

It is hard enough trying to explain the business to non-domainers....they seem to understand, but they aren't rushing to buy a bunch of names. Once the bell goes off it's forever. You either grasp it or you don't.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I was selling ferrari's , I would have them there with a credit ap or cashiers check. I have seen several smaller auctions ruined by ebay newbies!
I would like to hope that it really sold and went flawless.

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looked like it went smoothly. :tongue1:
Buyer was a complete non payer. (two negatives now)
Feedback from Dony the buyer was was "Poo" :laugh:

Sorry, the feedback from this non paying buyer was just too funny.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but the negative feebdbacks are for soccer tickets....but c`mon he/she just joined ebay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom