Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Nasty Emails from DomainSponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is who performs best..

Domain Sponsor doesn't perform best for me personally, but that may be just me.

I have no incentive to endorse them, and these recent complaints certainly sway me the other way..

I mean, they seem like such a high grossing company that they should CERTAINLY have a very skilled technical/support staff..

For instace, I bet GoldKey brings in 1/3 (at most, relatively), of Domain Sponsors monthly revenue, however, they act in a completely professional manner, with trouble tickets, which deserves commendment.

Why should DomainSponsor make money off of our traffic if they aren't giving us the client support we deserve?

This thread is obviously a cry-out to DomainSponsor that we indeed need the client support we expect, and other competitors provide, or else they will become a 2nd class parking company.

Don't you agree they should treat us with the respect we give them in domain monetization value?

-Merlin

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they should and in my case they do. I always get my support tickets answered very weel from Domainsponsor (as well from Sedo, Enom, Namecheap, Domainsite, Fabulous, Moniker to name just a few). If You really would like, we can judge, we would need to read complete emails. When I complain about something, I am ready and often I do publish COMPLETE email exchange.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny,

Fair enough -- these claims should probably be backed up by exposure of what the actual dialogue is that's so "nasty".

I guess we can see for ourselves as soon as someone submits that data.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am smack dab in the middle of a nightmarish move from one apartment to another, but will be happy to provide the "data" when I return, especially if the latest information I finally uncovered turns out to be true.

The last communication I received from DS basically stated that the matter had been resolved as long as there was no repeat of whatever it was that caused the problem in the first place. This communication included a copy of the TOS, but without sufficient data for me to be helpful in tracking down whatever culprit MIGHT (and I stress MIGHT) have been responsible for whatever the problem was initially.

Today, I inquired about my lack of payment for any of the traffic that had been generated. I received a reply from one of the support folks, who told me that my account has been set to "NO PAY" and that I need to contact the specific support person for my account. I received NO communication telling me that my funds would be withheld ... only that everything would be fine as long as there was no "repeat" of whatever happened to begin with.

If this is true, I will cease my move (as important as it is that I complete this awful process immediately) until I remove every single domain name from the clutches of DS. I will not generate a single penny more for a parking site that acts like this. They have benefitted from my traffic, but I will not? I don't think so!!

Sheila

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These cases really make me wonder how these companies make any profits, if they are so rude to their customers. So far I have been using DS very favorably, Sedo & NameDrive as well, and now PS also. TrafficZ hasn't made me any money yet, although the customer service is fine, and Afternic & TrafficClub have also been reasonable. It's amazing that companies like Google are even more difficult to deal with from what I hear. If they find something wrong, your finished, and there's no replies or second chances, again this is what I hear from the posts here. It really would be nice if these companies would put a heavier stress on customer relationships, with reasonable payments as well.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should send a Message to DNF user "msong" and ask what is going on.. this does seem a bit over the top and somewhat of a KneeJerk Reaction

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear namestrands,

Thanks for the suggestion. Who is msong? Is he associated with Domain Sponsor? This is more than "over the top," if this is, indeed, the actual decision that someone made and not simply an oversight. It is known in the law as "unjust enrichment." In addition, it is not only unjust ... it is absolutely insane. If there is, indeed, anything still going on or if there was actually anything going on from the start, I would certainly want to know what it is. I would love to personally track down the person who is causing any sort of trouble to my account and make certain that they remember forever that their behavior is unacceptable. I'm not going to start a physical fight or anything of the sort (at my current weight of around 109 pounds, I don't think I would be very effective in any case), but I would find some way to make this person's life miserable. I can't do a thing, however, because I don't know what, if anything, actually happened. Reading through the TOS isn't helpful, as I made myself aware of the TOS before I even signed up for the service. Which one (or ones) of the TOS were violated (if any were) I haven't got a clue.

This reminds me of the one "birds and bees" talk I ever had with my father. It occurred when I was around 11 or 12, and I know that he meant well and thought that he had actually communicated something of substance to me. He said, "Sheila, if the guys your age are like I was when I was their age, you tell them you're not that kind of a girl." Being, perhaps, the least informed 12 year old who ever inhabited the planet Earth, I didn't understand what in the world he was trying to say to me. Eventually, when I was quite a bit older, I understood what my father wanted me to know so much earlier in my life and of course, I laughed. To this day, I still appreciate the fact that my dad tried his best to initiate a discussion that was clearly so difficult for him. He did so out of love for his one and only daughter, and not because he was criticizing me. He probably believed, as Domain Sponsor may believe, that I understood what he was trying to say. But Domain Sponsor has ignored every request I have made for additional information and I am left to suffer the consequences of some unknown party's behavior. It is frightening to me to think that anyone with a computer and a grudge could cause such havoc for another and never be traced or identified.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
msong is affiliated with DomainSponsor.. however I am unsure as to what exactly his role is.

He is reviewing this thread now so I will say over to Msong.. Please Explain!!!!

Well DSRon and msong have read this thread and appear to have just ignored it..

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but I would find some way to make this person's life miserable.

And with the power of the Internet you can...

Well DSRon and msong have read this thread and appear to have just ignored it...

And that does not seem appropriate to me. If they have in fact seen this thread than some acknowlegement would be in order IHMO.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
totenmaske said:
And with the power of the Internet you can...
And that does not seem appropriate to me. If they have in fact seen this thread than some acknowlegement would be in order IHMO.

I spoke with Ron and he said that he does not answer questions and he would get msong to respond.. and that was over 5 hours ago now..

This does not bode well for DS.. Its time for them to step up and give some justification..

Sheila is as straight as they come, and there seems to be no justification for these actions..

DomainSponsor has chosen to ignore this, which is an utter lack of respect for the users here.. They are even IGNORING email sent to them by the users who have been affected..

:smartass:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM from Ron

I don't post much on this board. Someone else's responsobility to monitor and respond.

I am however surprised no none has.

I have forwarded your mesage to Michael Song.
[email protected]

Regards,

Ron

So where is the Response Mr Song?

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i, too, get the same NASTY email as the rest of you here...

hae you guys received earnings yet?

It is already 14th now..

and i donot have my money yet..

When do I get paid?

Domainsponsor pays out on a net-7. That's right, a net-7! Seven days from the end of each month we put your check in the mail, send your payment to your PayPal account, or wire funds into your account, depending on your selected payment method. If the 7th day falls on a weekend, your payment will be sent out the following business day. Please allow up to a week for checks mailed to US addresses and at least 2-3 weeks for international addresses, depending on the country.

sigh...

i know my money with them is not alot..
only 90$...

But it is alot of money for me............. :(

msong

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for not jumping in earlier guys. And for the record, I’m not ignoring anyone.

We’re taking these accusations about our treatment of publishers and our professionalism very seriously.

The emails you received are pretty much standard emails we send to publishers regarding traffic quality. Our intention is not to make accusations but to inform you that the quality of your traffic is probably not as good as you believe it to be. I’ve reviewed the emails that were sent out and I couldn’t find anything that could be considered nasty. Do you mind pointing out the particular parts you felt were nasty rather than making these unsupported accusations? If there were parts of the email you felt were inappropriate or uncalled for, please let me know so that we can reconsider the contents of the email.

I’ve talked to support, and we made a mistake in setting your account to NO PAY. I apologize for this error and you should have already been contacted regarding a resolution.

If you have questions about your account specifically, please feel free to contact me via PM.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm very surprised whenever I see a report that DS pays more than Fabulous. In my experience Fabulous blows DS away. DS does better with "bulk" traffic, thats is untargetted generic visitors. But as far as targeted high quality traffic I quickly discovered that less than half of my domains at Fab produce about 3 TIMES the revenue I was getting at DS! So you know who I send most of my visitors to now.

One reason for this is that DS pays a little bit for each visitor. Otherwise the bulk stuff would likely get next to nothing. They accomplish this by displaying one of those irritating pop-ups ads, often for some type of spyware/adware (at least that's what the stuff looks like to me). I've gone around and around in my head about this. I *HATE* the stuff and I wonder what it is that makes me feel ok about getting paid to impose it on others. I think I'll ask them to turn the stuff of for my traffic. I may suffer a small financial hit but I'll sleep better. If the pop-up was for target terms or for something useful and/or likely to be welcomed I would feel differently.

I'm on my way to TRAFFIC in a few days and I'm not alone among the domainers who are going to want to bend the ear of these guys. There is one issue in particular that I am going to have more than one thing to say about. Its a BIG ONE.

I've already aired it on another forum and I'm not at liberty to go into details here about their response. I have agreed to listen to what they have to say face-to-face. I will say it concerns DS's in-house subsidiary, Low.com, which operates a loan-lead generation service, and the price it pays the domain owner for traffic that is directly converted to Low.com, bypassing the PPC advertiser feeds.

If they want to elaborate here and post a further reply, including whatever background they wish, I would be happy to respond with a full explanation of my complaint for the benefit of this community too. Otherwise we'll just wait and see what comes out in Florida and at that time I'll report the results here, satisfactory or not, along with a complete background for clarity.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
krisblade did you get a reply from DS?
I was thinking of moving all my domains there but since I read this I can't make the move... :(

krisblade said:
It could be worse, like get your account cancelled and kissing goodbye all your referred revenue as well. That was what happened to me, and I still have no answer from them.

They accused me to generate traffic through methods, like links on some of my portals, etc. (some of them directly approved by Ron Sheridan). I am still waiting for an answer, I guess it will never come. Well, I hope they have a great time with my referred revenue too.

lovely888

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lawpsych said:
Am I the only one to receive nasty emails from DomainSponsor? I received a couple of the nastiest, accusatory emails from this site, even though I have only had my domain names parked there for a couple of months. I was basically accused of generating traffic through bogus links or other methods (I have done NONE of this, to the best of my knowledge, and haven't even been online very much lately, as I am moving!). They also complained about "abnormally high" traffic to some of my domains. The only domain name that seemed to be particularly high in terms of type-ins was "TheDenverBroncos.com." Duh ... the NFL season has started and Broncos fans are legendary in our support of the team, not to mention the fact that the "official" Broncos site name is DenverBroncos.com. The team knows that I own this domain name and that I have owned it for several years and has never expressed any concern about my owning it.

I'm just curious. Needless to say, I'm giving serious thought to moving all of my domain names to ParkingSite.com.

I'll look forward to any and all replies.

Best regards,
Lawpsych

Received the "MOST SAME" email,I don't think they would pay us(especially the big earning).
I have moved all my domains to Namedrive.com.

namestrands said:
DomainSponsor did mention they made an error on cancelling some accounts

They never notice me they made an error on cancelling my account.
I am sure they DO make a wrong decision on my account. :mad:

kslup said:
i, too, get the same NASTY email as the rest of you here...

hae you guys received earnings yet?

It is already 14th now..

and i donot have my money yet..

sigh...

i know my money with them is not alot..
only 90$...

But it is alot of money for me............. :(

Please just check thishttp://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=116187

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
krisblade did you get a reply from DS?
I was thinking of moving all my domains there but since I read this I can't make the move... :(

Not from Ron Sheridan as I expected (I was used to exchange messages with him even via messenger), but I decided to go to Michael Song (which btw I consider a true gentleman) and exchanged some PM´s with him on another forum. He explained that Ron is now very busy to take care of these issues directly (thats why he never sent me an explanation, specially after his direct approval on the issues that were then taken as violation of TOS).

Also Michael is not anymore taking care of the accounts, because he changed roles now, he is on the product team, not the sales team. He said he was sorry (even when it was not his fault), he told me he was not really in much of a position to do anything, and then he explained to me that it was NOT a violation of the TOS but a traffic issue (even when my traffic and methods were approved).

First the accusation and then it was not the reason. Sigh. Who knows. It does not worth my time, so I decided to just stop complaining and move on. I keep in touch with Msong, I think DS should treat him like a king, that man knows how to deal with the affiliates, a very kind person.

Anyway, thanks for asking and good luck with your domains dvdrip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom