Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need 1 Windows Hosting Account for Pointing 750 Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have been using different vendors for my websites and is not possible to compare each of them as most of them balance out on one point to the other

Right now, I am looking for a vendor / service provider who can provide a facility to upload a list of about 750 domains so they point to one domain that is hosted .

Ex- Admag.org and Freelisting.in (please do not take this as promo /advt.)

I have been into discussion with godaddy customer support as it was a big big pain for me to add domains 1 by 1 and it took me 2 days to add only 205 domains!!!

God know by when will I reach 750 domains?
So i called them up (india - us) and waiting for their confirmation, but i doubt.

If they will not be able to provide, I will not move out from their services as they are ok-good, but look for some other vendor for this project.

So, will you be able to give me a solution where you can point 750 domains to a single domain, should be a windows hostign account

Guide please..

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you already own the domains? if you do, then it is very likely you can 'point' them using your current registrar. Its called URL forwarding. They can all forward to one place. Very common.

If your registrar cannot do URL forwarding, then you can still do it using www.DomainManager.com. Keep the domains at your current registrar. Get a free account at DomainManager.com. Set the dns on each domain to ns1.domainmanager.com and ns2.domainmanager.com. Then you can setup the URL Forwarding for each domain. Works great! And its free.

If you do not yet own the domains, I would buy them at godaddy. They are very good and will give you a good price. Next, you can put them all in one folder. Then, in a single update, you setup the URL Forwarding for every domain in that folder. Easy!

However, if you want to setup individual hosting for each domain, that is different than forwarding, and more work. And if you want each of these domains to have google page rank and show up in search engines over time, then you need to host them each individually, and they need to each have their own unique files and content; so they each have their own unique and useful Lander. If you can figure THAT out then please tell ME how to do it! Its much harder.

Kevin

Kevin

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I will require to use domain pointers and not domain forwarding,

The CMS i have developed will be used instead of the parking programs.

So, if a person open "X" site, he will see different content and if "Y" site is opened, a dfferent content depending on the domain name.

For this , all the domains will be pointed to a single domain and the content will be displayed accordingly.

My understanding for forwarding is - if "X" is forwarded to "Y" then "Y" content will be displayed. That will not serve the purpose.

I hope i am able to clarify.

help please for providing registrars,,

yes, i have already have regiastered the domains and 25% (about 750) will be hosted here.

T

tekz999

Paste the code, rename yourmaindomain.com to your main domain, and save it as index.html

Code:
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://yourmaindomain.com">

Upload it to a folder. e.g. http://domain.com/1/index.html
Then point all domains to the folder "1".

Done.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you already own the domains? if you do, then it is very likely you can 'point' them using your current registrar. Its called URL forwarding. They can all forward to one place. Very common.
Yes, i do own already. My domains are with Reseller and Hosting with GoDaddy. Godaddy hosting account has domain management and helps in adding domains in the panel but for external domains (not registered with godaddy), the bulk feature is not avilaable and has to be done 1-by-1.

If your registrar cannot do URL forwarding, then you can still do it using www.DomainManager.com. Keep the domains at your current registrar. Get a free account at DomainManager.com. Set the dns on each domain to ns1.domainmanager.com and ns2.domainmanager.com. Then you can setup the URL Forwarding for each domain. Works great! And its free.
i Will check this and see if this serves the purpose. I hope you understand what i mean - Admag.org and Freelisting.in , both have common hosting account and are masked onto each other. so admag.org/1.html and freelisting.in/1.html will display the same content (or may not) but the URL in address bar and the relative path in the site will shw that domain links. will suggest you to please se the site and might be i am not oputting in the right words / terminologies here.

If you do not yet own the domains, I would buy them at godaddy. They are very good and will give you a good price. Next, you can put them all in one folder. Then, in a single update, you setup the URL Forwarding for every domain in that folder. Easy!
- yes , if the domain would have been with godaddy, could have been great as godaddy domains have bulk uploading feature, but they are too costly for .co.in ( double my price) :(

However, if you want to setup individual hosting for each domain, that is different than forwarding, and more work. And if you want each of these domains to have google page rank and show up in search engines over time, then you need to host them each individually, and they need to each have their own unique files and content; so they each have their own unique and useful Lander. If you can figure THAT out then please tell ME how to do it! Its much harder.
-This is what i have devloped. A common hosting account to be used for different domains showing different content . Not at all harder , but developing it takes time (2 months already for 2 types of CMS systems).

Kevin

Kevin

Reverts in quortes in bold..

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No fools, he made a custom script that the CMS picks up which domain is bringing traffic to it and according to the domain, the correct content is displayed in terms of relevancy.

Now you want one hosting account basically with unlimited domains supported, right?

Moody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
* Sorry I didnt notice that you are trying to add domains from a file etc.

Godaddy doesn't offer reports? or sending a list of the domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom