Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

need advice asap! i got UDRP email last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

namanimal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a couple of things that came to mind. it costs 1300 to make a case at the UDRP. For a lawyer to draft the letter and research it it probably cost them 1500-2000. So figure they spent 3000 total so far. That is all they have to do for the UDRP case. If they sue me civily they will be looking at a lawsuit costing them from 10,000 to 20,000 dollars depending on if it goes all the way and if i drag it out. I dont think those are unrealistic numbers. So i figure that why would they risk on average 15,000 dollars to recover 3,000 plus damages? Honestly it just doesn't make sense. Unless they have thier hearts set on ruining my life. So even though i'm extremely worried at least until i talk to a lawyer (which will be soon), i honestly feel that they will not press the matter civily even if they win at the UDRP. If i'm not making sense, please let me know.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namanimal said:
and it was emailed to me by the dealerships lawyer. its an aol address.
Maybe the lawyer does not know much about domain names.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That can be a mixed blessing ... if the attorney is well versed in traditional TM law, they may choose to go the traditional lawsuit route ... probably unlikely, but one can't rule out the possibility - especially, if they're experienced in TM law.

namanimal- Is the domain generating lots of revenue now? ... if you're planning to develop / resell it in the future, going through a UDRP seems like a big risk for that.

Ron

D

Deleted member 70408

namanimal said:
If they sue me civily they will be looking at a lawsuit costing them from 10,000 to 20,000 dollars depending on if it goes all the way and if i drag it out. I dont think those are unrealistic numbers. So i figure that why would they risk on average 15,000 dollars to recover 3,000 plus damages? Honestly it just doesn't make sense. Unless they have thier hearts set on ruining my life. So even though i'm extremely worried at least until i talk to a lawyer (which will be soon), i honestly feel that they will not press the matter civily even if they win at the UDRP. If i'm not making sense, please let me know.
If they would sue you civilly (less likely) and they win, you could be liable for their legal fees.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namanimal said:
a couple of things that came to mind. it costs 1300 to make a case at the UDRP. For a lawyer to draft the letter and research it it probably cost them 1500-2000. So figure they spent 3000 total so far. That is all they have to do for the UDRP case. If they sue me civily they will be looking at a lawsuit costing them from 10,000 to 20,000 dollars depending on if it goes all the way and if i drag it out. I dont think those are unrealistic numbers. So i figure that why would they risk on average 15,000 dollars to recover 3,000 plus damages? Honestly it just doesn't make sense. Unless they have thier hearts set on ruining my life. So even though i'm extremely worried at least until i talk to a lawyer (which will be soon), i honestly feel that they will not press the matter civily even if they win at the UDRP. If i'm not making sense, please let me know.

You have copied and pasted this on several different thread in 2 different forums. You need to stop doing this please. It is inaccurate and anyone following this advice will open themselves to financial ruin. Thanx.

namanimal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you prove that a company ownes a domain name other than the whois information? Would it be possible for me to change the whois info right now before the UDRP starts to my company name in order to limit the personal liability? or is it too late , or perhaps it wont work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom