Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need advice on buying a domain please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

AveUgotaWkdSide

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
because it was available and then as soon as I told him it wasn't available anymore

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
because it was available and then as soon as I told him it wasn't available anymore
Thanks for the gratitude for the advice I gave you. Do you think I'd risk my reputation by registering domains that you have asked me about in confidence?

If I register a .uk domain; as a bona fide Nominet UK registrar, it will appear under my TAG unless I 'back door' it.

For the two names you miraculously 'lost' since speaking to me, what TAG are they registered under and in what registrant's name? If the registrant is bogus I can get the domains(s) cancelled.

For £6, I would compromise myself with you? You owe me an apology although I don't think you realise it.

One you asked me about has been registered since 2008, and the other is still available.

AveUgotaWkdSide

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the other domain is still alive but the other one was avaliable on godaddy, I had it in my basket and everything. Then when I go to pay for it, it states it is no longer available. I am sorry if this is a mistake and it was not you I just added 2 and 2 together and got 4. Once again I am sorry. Regards Josh

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy does that as it doesn't regiister .uk domains in real time. I suggest you understand your market (as suggested to you by others here before I got involved helping you) before you start throwing accusations around.

Apology accepted.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to aZooZa for handling that professionally. No good deed goes unpunished.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy does that as it doesn't regiister .uk domains in real time. I suggest you understand your market (as suggested to you by others here before I got involved helping you) before you start throwing accusations around.

Apology accepted.

it's not funny but...

lol

probably should have asked what registrar the OP was using to check for "available to register" domains first, before going thru all this.

AveUgotaWkdSide

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol I no I feel bad now, such a noobie mistake, I really want to no if this domain is worth registering aswell, I didnt really do myself any favors

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy or other registries could become unreliable if the nominet whois server not working properly.

I remember once when I checked, the domain mountainbikes.co.uk was available at godaddy. I paid for the domain but after a while, I got an email from godaddy about their mistake and there was refund issued.

I wished I got that domain as it would be worth at least xx,xxx range, LOL.

AveUgotaWkdSide

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see this now as I just searched webuy.com and it was avaliable when it isn't

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy or other registries could become unreliable if the nominet whois server not working properly.

I remember once when I checked, the domain mountainbikes.co.uk was available at godaddy. I paid for the domain but after a while, I got an email from godaddy about their mistake and there was refund issued.

I wished I got that domain as it would be worth at least xx,xxx range, LOL.

i think you may be missing the point about which/what registrar to use or not to use, when checking for available domains...particularly cctlds.

why pay for something that's not available in the first place, even if you do get a refund later?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think you may be missing the point about which/what registrar to use or not to use, when checking for available domains...particularly cctlds.

why pay for something that's not available in the first place, even if you do get a refund later?

We are learning all the time. Previously I thought godaddy was pretty reliable. Now I know we have to double check with nominet whois.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy COULD be reliable. They don't have EPP/DAC sytems in place to make realtime registrations. Really quite daft.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is not a good place to get accurate domain availability. Even for .com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom