Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need help again, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any idea why when I click on any external hypertext link explorer opens a new window and just hangs? Does not go to site. Does not search for site, although IE globe in top right spins as if it was, all other indictors are blank. If I copy and paste link into browser adress bar it goes there fine. If I click on an external mailto link it goes to my default mail program no problem. If I click on a desk top shortcut, no problem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Sharpy

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
first of all i'd try re-install of I.E. maybe it got corrupted.

if not then maybe check for viruses or something that may be monkeying around with your pc... because to my knowledge there is nothing in i.e. that would cause this behaviour.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ciqala, I thought the same so upgraded my ie5 to ie6 and had no luck, virus report is updated and clean. I'm stumped

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try windows update (tools menu) too... that is usually the first step in fixing problems like that

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks FR, I tried it and there are about 60 updates available however the download screen just hangs. I must have some serious window probs. *...goes off to find his w98 cd...can't find...finally breaks down and goes off to buy XP.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill just made you make him richer. :-D

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may want to try it several times in a row. it just might progress a little each time until it breaks through and fixes your problem.

disclaimer: this is not an endorsement in any way shape or form of microsoft products. if bill gates had a conscience, we would not have problems like this. do I think it is reasonable to have to run the update several times to make it work? no. I am just reporting the way it is. microsoft is the devil.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
Thanks FR, I tried it and there are about 60 updates available however the download screen just hangs. I must have some serious window probs. *...goes off to find his w98 cd...can't find...finally breaks down and goes off to buy XP.

I have the same proble,

Cant open popups properly and win update downloads fine but when it hits the instal part it freezes up.

I contacted MS a few times deleted X file and replacing it and what not..

Nothing helped..

I believe it was a bad uninstal of a popup blocker or something.

I will reformat and reinstal 98se.

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"when I click on any external hypertext link explorer opens a new window and just hangs"
I have the same problem! I have tried reinstalling internet explorer, no luck. If you hit SHIFT + F5 it should refresh the window and reload it..
I thought I was getting the problem due to a program which blocks advertisement's. I think it may have come with kazaa or something similar.
My solution was to download Opera - it's a much quicker browser anyway.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
find the HOST files (under system32 i think) and edit out everyhting in teh .txt file. I believe.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW, that is how to fix the kzaa advertisment problem.

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the internet explorer. I downloaded service pack 1 for internet explorer 6 and installed it. it fixed my problem. The pop-ups are working fine now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom