Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NEED HELP: Problem with Sedo Sale being cancelled; domain owner is Oversee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a possibly big problem at Sedo. I might need a lawyer. This post ends with the question I need answered.

I bought a domain via Sedo, and paid it quickly; and then today I login and see, the sale was cancelled.

Sedo says the seller does not really own the domain. Well, that might be; accidents can happen. But its a very unique situation; the domain was worth very little before the Osama Bin Laden capture, but now is potentially worth a LOT. And I bought it at Sedo; which is a legally binding contract.

The current owner of the domain is Oversee, according to Whois.

Sedo has revealed the sellers name; and it does not show as Oversee. Ok; however, if I google search this seller, one of his domains shows an ISP of Oversee.net.

So this is what I need to know: Does Oversee do ppc or hosting for other domain owners using their Oversee.net; or just their own domains?

If this seller has any kind of relationship with Oversee, then the cancellation is suspicious.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not see it listed at Snapnames.

Sedo is being responsive, which is good. Sedo says the seller has sold a lot of domains at Sedo; so that is good.

What I dont know is what it means to have an ISP of Oversee.net. Because the sedo seller has a domain with that ISP.
So my focus is to find out, does this sedo seller have a realtionship with Oversee?

Kevin

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you said ISP do you mean the DNS pointed to oversee? Anyhow, not much you can do.
Did you try to contact the seller from Who is to find out what's going on?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you got your money back, then chalk one up and move on.

shiz-zit like this does happen, cuz i did it to a buyer once

they made an offer which i accepted and realized later that i no longer had it ( pair of singular/plural), but it was still listed in my account.

i had to inform sedo, and they cancelled the transaction.

imo, the contract is null and void if the seller doesn't own it

so i think it would be all uphill trying to force someone to sell you a domain, and i doubt if many lawyers are waiting for that type of challenge

keep yo chin up!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well have you considered, that some idiot but it in sedo. but the actual owner oversee did not know anything?

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon and stuff,

Yes, its possible for a mistake to happen. I did mention that too. And its very easy to let domains drop and forget to clean out Sedo.

But its worth pursuring just to be sure, because of the timing of current events. I just want to know why the seller, if the listing is a mistake,
might have a relationship with the actual owner. Its worth understanding how that can be, I think.

Kevin

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sick of anything Oversee has their hands in.

I am absolutely furious of a way they handled a client of mine and allowed the client to believe the transaction was moving along smoothly for 2 full days only to tell my client late in the second day that they do not serve California.

Fvck Oversee!

And ever since they have taken over Moniker, I can say Fvck Moniker too. Service is pathetic.

In regards to this thread, is the OP asking if Oversee can be guilty of fraud???

Oh hell, look at the Halverez bidding scams, alleged breach of contract Monte has filed, and all the complaints going on within this one forum.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do a Whois history check on the name to check past associations name, dns, or company change

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can always pull a 'Chef Patrick' on the WHOIS :D j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom