Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need help selling a real estate related .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing I'd normally handle on my own. But let me brief you on the situation here...

- I just bought a .com domain which is real estate related, for the Toronto, ON area on total impulse
- I had always wanted this name, did a little bargaining with the guy, but looks like I enjoyed the chase more than I did the catch
(well, I guess having enjoyed that makes me a "for pleasure" domainer now, doesn't it?)
- I'm for all intents and purposes leaving the real estate business, so unfortunately, this will do me no good as a realtor (despite the fact that I had bought it with the intention of flipping it as a domainer)
- So, the logical solution would be for me to shop it around to other realtors, right?
- I unfortunately can't do that, as I recently started a project with a colleague of mine which involves directly selling to realtors, and we're targeting the Toronto area first
- So, that said, it would look pretty bad for me to be pitching the product to a realtor/brokerage, and then turning around and trying to pitch them a domain name as well, if you know what I mean
- I'm figuring my best course of action here is to take on a fellow domainer to make the approaches for me
- I know it's a pretty good name, another realtor is currently using the .ca version, and the guy who sold it to me sold a name in the same word structure for over $1,200 recently for a city of significantly lesser population
- So, here's what I'd like to propose;
- PM me to request the name, or post requesting a PM and I will PM you. Or email me at [email protected]. Whatever works.
- If you think you can work with it and make something happen, I'll give you the rights to sell it
- But to make the deal sweet, I am willing to pay you 75% of whatever over $500 you can get for it ($500 is what I paid for it, all said and done).
- So, if you sell it for $700, you make $150. $1,000 gets $375. $1,500 gets $750. You get the idea.

Get in touch with me if you'd be interested in doing this. Don't be shy, feel free to ask away. Naturally, will disclose the name to you from the get-go. Just didn't want to put it out in the open.

cheers!

Maxwell

Domain Summit 2024

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why not approach the .ca owner first

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why not approach the .ca owner first

Good thought. He's with a bit of a snooty brokerage, not counting on anything coming of it, as they're the "reputation" types who don't value outward marketing.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, the logical solution would be for me to shop it around to other realtors, right?
- I unfortunately can't do that, as I recently started a project with a colleague of mine which involves directly selling to realtors, and we're targeting the Toronto area first

Quick question, is it not possible to include your partner in a bundled pitch?

Sorry if I am not in full understanding.
And no, I do not qualify to be interested in involvement.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quick question, is it not possible to include your partner in a bundled pitch?

Sorry if I am not in full understanding.
And no, I do not qualify to be interested in involvement.

Well, the product we're selling we're trying to build a brand around within the real estate profession. I'm just trying to say that it might strike them as a bit weird to get a call from Maxwell today about setting up a meeting to see our new product, and then a call tomorrow about a domain name.

I hope that clears it up.

And don't be so sure, Mark. You seem to be a pretty astute guy. If you think you're up to it, let's talk a bit of strategy :)

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good thought. He's with a bit of a snooty brokerage, not counting on anything coming of it, as they're the "reputation" types who don't value outward marketing.

Royal Lepage wins that prize hands down!

C21 second runner up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom