Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need help with ipower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I purchased domains from others that were with ipower before I knew just how terrible they are. Last year I had a heck of a time transferring one out as they would not unlock the domain, give me the auth code nor remove the whois protection. This time I have the auth code and have managed to unlock it, but they will not remove the whois protection. Repeated contacts to their customer service has achieved nothing.

I can't for the life of me find the contact details I used last time to finally get them to release my domain for transfer. Does anyone have a good contact there to use?

Word to the wise - do not under any circumstances buy domain names that are registered there. Do not use them register domains either. They are the new regfly - only they are much more slick about it. Regfly were just out and out scammers, these guys on the other hand are like professional crooks!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

I called customer service and got - "You have to disable it yourself". I told them I did over 72 hours ago!

This isn't a huge value .com but I'm not going to let a $60-100 domain expire because of these crooks!

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never even heard of them before. I'm kinda partial to GD after using Register, way back when. Sorry I can't offer more than sympathy.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I havent heard of them either but glad you made us aware ...and if they read this board maybe they can get this corrected and make this right....

if they dont and keep that up...maybe they'll go outta business and I could buy their name ipower.com i'll give them x,xxx for it...

keep us posted :)
goodluck

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are fairly well known in Europe for hosting, and unfortunately they also sell domains but employ various "tactics" to do anything to keep one from transferring these away.

The first person to design and market a successful way to punch someone through the telephone will have my business!! LOL

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I finally got a half-assed response from someone in the billing department. But alas another three days later and the whois protection has NOT been removed thus they are still holding my domain hostage.

If anyone knows a good way of dealing with these a-holes please contact me.

D

Deleted member 5660

are you sure they are the actual registrar and not a reseller? What is in the second line of the registry data? (see below for an example)

http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=whois&host=ipower.com

whois query for ipower.com...

Results returned from whois.internic.net:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: IPOWER.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
Name Server: NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET
Name Server: NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM
Name Server: NS2.IPOWERDNS.COM
Name Server: NS1.IPOWER.COM
Name Server: NS2.IPOWER.COM
Updated Date: 22-oct-2007
Creation Date: 14-jul-1997
Expiration Date: 13-jul-2015

shashe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Years ago when I was new to this, I registered a name with ipower because it was offered free with a one year contract with hosting service. At the end of the year I transferred out because the hosting service was so poor, and it took several calls to Support to effect the transfer.

Keep at Support. Hang up and try another Customer Service person.

P. S. I have since been offered many free domain names with my various hosts, and I have never since accepted an offer!

e-rasta

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ipower.com sucks. used them years back. leave them and never look back, they are a highly unorganized outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom