Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Need suggestion for Bangladeshi forum website.

shajidahmed

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm almost new in this forum, I want to create a forum in Bangladesh, basically most of the countries have their own forum, but in Bangladesh there is no forums like this. So I want to create a forum for Bangladeshi peoples.
I liked the design of dnforum, also acrondomains. could you please suggest me similar themes styles like this? also you can suggest names for the forum
seeking help from @Helmuts
Thanks

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hi,

Forums are tricky. Very tricky. Though, I love them to the death :D :D .. and I actually have a bunch of dead forums..

Advice: if you can > buy a forum instead of creating one from point "0". As long as a forum has 100 real users > it will be a huge game changer.

DNForum and Acorn Domains (I bought both of them) > both run on Xenforo. DNF has a dedicated server and Acorn is on Cloud (one of the big ones).

As for the free ones, my top choices would be:
1) Simple Machines Forum. My sample: https://www.maria.zone (a forum I keep for Maria ecosystem sites). The forum does have eyeballs, though almost no interaction (even despite the fact that $Maria coin has quite a lot of users).
2) Flarum. My sample: https://www.zenzoforum.com (a fun forum I created for a $Zenzo community when they lost their website.. shortly after the forum was up > the team restored the website and the community is almost never there, and at discord instead).
3) phpBB. I did have couple forums on phpBB - very good forum engine. + lots of themes are available at ThemeForest.

.. as for WordPress and BBpress > just stay away. Years ago I bought a dead forum (had been closed for couple years) ibf.lv (internet business forum > for a small European country Latvia.. I am originally from Latvia), and migrated the old data to bbPress.. I wish I never did that.. even users who like forums, didn't like the WP login.. it just doesn't seem like a professional forum. .. >> https://www.ibf.lv/visas-foruma-kategorijas/
.. I could fix it, but Domain Summit has become my main priority now. At some point will migrate it to Simple Machines Forum (SMF).

The newest forum I have just launched is also on SMF:
>> Domain name forum for the French community https://www.domaineforum.fr :) .. of yes :) I do plan to do some work for this one :) .. especially as I have some great connections with French domainer community :)

The main obstable starting a forum > you need a community and the community must have a number of benefits why they are there.
Benefits at being at DNForum:
1) Possibility to find buyers for names for liqudation and wholesale price
2) Networking
3) For businesses: ability to advertise their brand to the domain name industry (hugely restricted at NamePros)
4) Backlinks
5) Making your name and getting IT service related gig orders, or finding reputable users who can do that
6) For businesses: to monitor what real users (mostly: pros) are thinking of their brand and impacting thoughts
7) Industry news
.. and the old good one: just chatting :)

About Xenforo: both https://dn.ca/ (by @MapleDots) and Geman https://domainfragen.de/ > both run on Xenforo.

+ German DomainFragen.de is the proof that it is never too late to start.

As for the name > go for the main keywords in the name + also try to keen it short :)

Does this help?

Don't be afraid > go for it!! Yes, the death rate of new forums is sky-high, but, possible rewards are also!!

Best wishes!
Helmuts

p.s. .. let us see what @MapleDots will add .. I am curious

p.p.s. I also have an extensive history of forums that never worked out. Don't allow failures of other discorage you > Do It and tell me in London how it is going!! .. in the worst scenario > I might buy it :D :D

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the shoutout

>> Domain name forum for the French community https://www.domaineforum.fr :) .. of yes :) I do plan to do some work for this one :) .. especially as I have some great connections with French domainer community :)

I'll add that one to my domain forum friends as soon as it gets some members and content.

What's with the rooster logo?

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm almost new in this forum, I want to create a forum in Bangladesh, basically most of the countries have their own forum, but in Bangladesh there is no forums like this. So I want to create a forum for Bangladeshi peoples.
I liked the design of dnforum, also acrondomains. could you please suggest me similar themes styles like this? also you can suggest names for the forum
seeking help from @Helmuts
Thanks

A forum requires you to be on 24/7, if it's slow you have to create content and if it's busy you have to moderate content.

It's a delicate situation to moderate other adult content creators, my phylosophy is I do almost all of it behind the lines and discuss it with the member instead of ordering it or changing it.

I used to run a giant automotive forum and I love running the forum, domains are a passion of mine and I love coding and customizing the software.

I am in total favor of every country having a forum for their ccTLD, I think by then linking them into the "domain forum friends" network we will establish quite a nice network.

I find most members are on multiple forums and it sparks interesting topics when they start to cross link. It's nice to see the different views in different countries. For instance.... Germany loves hyphen domain but in Canada you can't give them away.

I would say go for it... be prepared for a slow start but with patience it can grow into a nice community.

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the shoutout

I'll add that one to my domain forum friends as soon as it gets some members and content.

What's with the rooster logo?

:) French Rooster has its meaning ;)

even when you Google: "French football team":
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 22.57.15.png

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
A forum requires you to be on 24/7, if it's slow you have to create content and if it's busy you have to moderate content.

It's a delicate situation to moderate other adult content creators, my phylosophy is I do almost all of it behind the lines and discuss it with the member instead of ordering it or changing it.

I used to run a giant automotive forum and I love running the forum, domains are a passion of mine and I love coding and customizing the software.

I am in total favor of every country having a forum for their ccTLD, I think by then linking them into the "domain forum friends" network we will establish quite a nice network.

I find most members are on multiple forums and it sparks interesting topics when they start to cross link. It's nice to see the different views in different countries. For instance.... Germany loves hyphen domain but in Canada you can't give them away.

I would say go for it... be prepared for a slow start but with patience it can grow into a nice community.

Golden words!! Well said, Frank!!

shajidahmed

Reaction score
Hi,

Forums are tricky. Very tricky. Though, I love them to the death :D :D .. and I actually have a bunch of dead forums..

Advice: if you can > buy a forum instead of creating one from point "0". As long as a forum has 100 real users > it will be a huge game changer.

DNForum and Acorn Domains (I bought both of them) > both run on Xenforo. DNF has a dedicated server and Acorn is on Cloud (one of the big ones).

As for the free ones, my top choices would be:
1) Simple Machines Forum. My sample: https://www.maria.zone (a forum I keep for Maria ecosystem sites). The forum does have eyeballs, though almost no interaction (even despite the fact that $Maria coin has quite a lot of users).
2) Flarum. My sample: https://www.zenzoforum.com (a fun forum I created for a $Zenzo community when they lost their website.. shortly after the forum was up > the team restored the website and the community is almost never there, and at discord instead).
3) phpBB. I did have couple forums on phpBB - very good forum engine. + lots of themes are available at ThemeForest.

.. as for WordPress and BBpress > just stay away. Years ago I bought a dead forum (had been closed for couple years) ibf.lv (internet business forum > for a small European country Latvia.. I am originally from Latvia), and migrated the old data to bbPress.. I wish I never did that.. even users who like forums, didn't like the WP login.. it just doesn't seem like a professional forum. .. >> https://www.ibf.lv/visas-foruma-kategorijas/
.. I could fix it, but Domain Summit has become my main priority now. At some point will migrate it to Simple Machines Forum (SMF).

The main obstable starting a forum > you need a community and the community must have a number of benefits why they are there.
Benefits at being at DNForum:
1) Possibility to find buyers for names for liqudation and wholesale price
2) Networking
3) For businesses: ability to advertise their brand to the domain name industry (hugely restricted at NamePros)
4) Backlinks
5) Making your name and getting IT service related gig orders, or finding reputable users who can do that
6) For businesses: to monitor what real users (mostly: pros) are thinking of their brand and impacting thoughts
7) Industry news
.. and the old good one: just chatting :)

About Xenforo: both https://dn.ca/ (by @MapleDots) and Geman https://domainfragen.de/ > both run on Xenforo.

+ German DomainFragen.de is the proof that it is never too late to start.

As for the name > go for the main keywords in the name + also try to keen it short :)

Does this help?

Don't be afraid > go for it!! Yes, the death rate of new forums is sky-high, but, possible rewards are also!!

Best wishes!
Helmuts

p.s. .. let us see what @MapleDots will add .. I am curious

p.p.s. I also have an extensive history of forums that never worked out. Don't allow failures of other discorage you > Do It and tell me in London how it is going!! .. in the worst scenario > I might buy it :D :D
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions, I loved your reply.
I was planning to buy a forum, but unfortunately, there is no forum in Bangladesh. So that I've to create a new. As Bangladesh is growing & it has almost 10 million IT professionals so that it can be a good try to create a community of them.
I know keeping or maintaining a forum is so tough & also getting users is another hard work, but there is a chance to get this opportunity, and I know I've to have the patience to get users & make it active.
@Helmuts @MapleDots both of you are running forums, So I need help & suggestions on this. I'm planning to go with Xenforo, suggest me some themes like tiger themes & rivmedia themes, and also where I can get them.
I'm still thinking about the name because it has to be similar to dnforum, dn.ca, inforum & others.

I know it sounds funny to ask & be a fool, but I'm new to creating a forum, and I believe you guys are experts so I'm taking suggestions & asking for help.

Definitely, we'll have domain forum friends & we'll support each other.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally, Iliked the blue of Xenforo out of the box, the problem with themes is that authors seldomly maintain them properly and I do find coding errors.

So I use the stock Xenforo theme but I add a gradient for the top and bottom footer to make it my own.

I customized hundreds of settings, addons, features etc and the last thing I wanted to worry about was maintaining someone elses theme. It is pretty easy in Xenforo to customize any colour and I changed some of the buttons from yellow/orange to blue and toned down some of the orange accents. Other than that the colours are stock and that is one less thing for me to worry about especiallysince Xenforo is about to drop a pretty decent upgrade to version 2.3 and that will break a number of things andprobably cause me a few days work.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they all run Xenforo, you can now have Single Sign On (one account for all).

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If they all run Xenforo, you can now have Single Sign On (one account for all).

Yes that will be sweet in version 2.3

I am not quite on 2.3 yet because not all add-ons are comparable at this point but I don't foresee any problems getting there in the next few months.

What I am most hoping to see in the future is being able to use more than one domain

Example

NamePost.ca - for my .CA marketplace

NamePost.com - for my .COM marketplace

NamePost.xyz - for my .OTHER marketplace

Right now they forward to:

dn.ca/market/namepost.ca

dn.ca/market/namepost.com

dn.ca/market/namepost.ca.xyz

It would be so sweet if we could somehow run more than one URL so basically use a different url for different forums.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just imagine, we could technically make a world forum linking all the domains under their own ccTLD

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators