Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Net.net sells for $100,000 at Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogeorge

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JumpingJack said:
Yeah I know about all of those - they are indeed a powerhouse of a company. The reason I mention Search.com though, is because IMO that is the best deal ever for a domain name (err, not including reg fee domains of course, heh). I think they paid something like $17,000 for TV.com. IMO that is not too hot of a deal. Now-a-days, TV.com would probably only sell for high $XX,XXX. I doubt it would fetch $XXX,XXX at reseller prices. So that's only a 5x value increase or so. Search.com on the other hand is probably one of the top domains and could easily fetch $1 million+ in my opinion. It's the core of the internet, Google Search, Yahoo Search, ect. Major business. All I can say is that the guy who sold them Search.com back in 97 or whenever he sold it must be kicking himself, just like the many other bad deals made in the past. One notable example of this is the OW.com sale this week in DNJournal.com. The owner rushed that too much. $22,500 is an absolute steal and I know several people who were kicking themselves when they found out what it sold for.

If OW is a steal at 22K what would a good three letter .com go for?
It seems the prices on three letters are all over the map.

Register for the auction

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There have been sales of 2 letter .com domains in the $14k - $18k range. OW.com selling for $22k is a sign of rising stocks in the domain market.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
There have been sales of 2 letter .com domains in the $14k - $18k range. OW.com selling for $22k is a sign of rising stocks in the domain market.

I don't see it that way. It's rare to see two letters go for $14k. But those that do (or at least have recentely) go for that price have often been crappy letter combos, staritng with q's or z's or x's. In my opinion, "OW" is a very marketable term, and also a word. Plus you can tell people "Visit ow.com" and there really is nothing it can be confused with, it's a pronouncable word, where as if you had "Oq.com" or "Oa.com" or any other combination, you need to say the letters individual. That's valuable.A two letter.com WORD name is very nice. And IMO an "O" is the best starting letter available. Anyways, I know people whom I told about the name were ticked off when it got sold after only 48 hours on the market. You snooze you loose though, but there were people willing to go as high as 30k for it. The owner didn't wait long enough.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If they told me "Visit ow.com" I would go to oh.com instead. I don't find the letter combination that great; regardless, the buyer knows best.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
"the term "free cell phones" was searched 459157 times last month on Overture"

Actually the term searched that many times was "free cell phone".

Actually Overture combines both plural and singular searches therefore the score of 459157 represents a search count for both ‘free cell phones’ and ‘free cell phone’ combined.

- Rob

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
If they told me "Visit ow.com" I would go to oh.com instead. I don't find the letter combination that great; regardless, the buyer knows best.

True enough. I actually meant it to be pronounced as in "Ow, that hurts", not as in "Owe". Either way, good sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom