Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NetSol Escrow ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have agreed a price for a domain name with the buyer of 15k. the buyer corresponds via a Yahoo address but I am certain that this is a genuine offer.

I suggested that we use Escrow.com and push to another Godaddy account. However the buyer did not respond and just started a Network Solutions Certified Offer Service and he copied a copy of the start of this transaction to me.

I am not too motivated to go through a transfer of registrar and registrant at the same time. This always seems to create complications and would I guess take a lot longer than just pushing to another Godaddy account.

There are another 2 names that he gets free with the deal so I was really hoping to save time with a 'push'

Any suggestions ?

Creature

Domain Days 2024

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received an unsolicited offer through NetSol and the deal went plenty smooth for me. Hope this helps. The only extra step was faxing in identification to NetSol.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My main problem with netsol is that they only send payment by cheque.
If they were using wire transfer, even with a fee, it would be great.

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have agreed a price for a domain name with the buyer of 15k. the buyer corresponds via a Yahoo address but I am certain that this is a genuine offer.

I suggested that we use Escrow.com and push to another Godaddy account. However the buyer did not respond and just started a Network Solutions Certified Offer Service and he copied a copy of the start of this transaction to me.

I am not too motivated to go through a transfer of registrar and registrant at the same time. This always seems to create complications and would I guess take a lot longer than just pushing to another Godaddy account.

There are another 2 names that he gets free with the deal so I was really hoping to save time with a 'push'

Any suggestions ?

Creature

Network Solutions has horrible customer service. You do not want to be at their mercy if something crazy happens. Besides, the potential buyer is trying to force this transaction on you by not responding and then starting a transaction without getting your authorization.

If you are good at reading people and feel confident then take your best shot and go through with it, but if you end up on the outside looking in then your rage will not be able to be measured if you have to deal with Network Solutions.....they will not be there and will have no idea what you are talking about.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyer might not be too familiar with domain names.
Most people who use the certified offer aren't.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My main problem with netsol is that they only send payment by cheque.
If they were using wire transfer, even with a fee, it would be great.

Can the checks even be cashed in countries abroad?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure... but there is a catch.
After you wait 1 or 2 weeks for the mail to arrive by post, my bank requires 22 working days to clear the check!!! They require "only" 12 working days if the cheque comes from New York.
That is an average of 1.5 months of waiting.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Network Solutions has horrible customer service. You do not want to be at their mercy if something crazy happens. Besides, the potential buyer is trying to force this transaction on you by not responding and then starting a transaction without getting your authorization.

That's how it feels. I just don't need the weeks of hastle.

Why do they wan't to pay an extra $750 to use NetSol ?

Are they concerned that I might back out if I know their identity ?

Sure... but there is a catch.
After you wait 1 or 2 weeks for the mail to arrive by post, my bank requires 22 working days to clear the check!!! They require "only" 12 working days if the cheque comes from New York.
That is an average of 1.5 months of waiting.

That delay really puts me off accepting the offer via NetSol. Also this would be both a transfer of registrant and registra. This has always brought added complications for me in the past.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try to explain them that escrow is cheaper and faster.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try to explain them that escrow is cheaper and faster.

I tried, but they just ignored my comments and served the NetSol offer. I think that perhaps they are concered that I might discover they are a bank. However I don't care if they are Microsoft, the price has been agreed.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then just ignore the certified offer and email them again and again...

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It still seems strange that they are not responding at all. Even if they are trying to hide their identity as a large organization they should be responding to your emails, putting your concerns at ease.

Proceed with caution...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am simply ignoring netsols offers because of the check thing. But any domain I get this offer I change whois to
"Domain for sale - contact me directly I don't bite", from 3 offers one really did contact me directly.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to use moniker's escrow service. I don't think there is any safer escrow service out there

just explain the benefits of using escrow.com or moniker escrow, as well as your worries with netsol escrow. If they are logical people they will at least concider it

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

I pointed out that I could use Sedo or Moniker.

They have replied with an email to say that if I do not use Netsol then the deal is OFF.

So, it's kind of tempting to say 'ok the deal is off'.

I can always send the name to Vegas next year.

Any thoughts ?

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell them the deal is off.

Certainly thinking seriously about cancelling negotiations. Gonna spend a few hours thinking about it because it's a lot of cash.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
double post

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell them the deal is off.

Denny I took your advice and told them that I would accept their offer to cancel the deal as I won't use Netsol as demanded. ie Negotiations ENDED.

So now they have replied offering to use Moniker :)

The problem is that now I can't be bothered to reply.

Creature

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since they canceled the deal, you're back in the driver's seat ... say the price is $25K or heck even much more - but whatever number you choose, don't dance around the issue ... give them a hard, firm bottom line number...

Be prepared to wait them out and expect lots of back and forth, but all the time stay firm and keep the emails straight to the point; ignore extraneous questions they may ask to avoid getting baited into a corner.

And furthermore be clear about the terms - do escrow for sure (escrow.com is easiest for big deals, though Moniker is good too) ... don't go into techie stuff about pushing / transferring ... do the escrow and then worry about that stuff when the appropriate time comes.

Good luck.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom