Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NetSol Escrow ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron, I appreciate your advice. Would asking for a higher price (just after the deal has ended) be 'bad form' on my part?

The other idea was to develop the site into a financial blog but the name doesn't get much traffic.

Domain Days 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since they canceled the deal, you're back in the driver's seat ... say the price is $25K or heck even much more - but whatever number you choose, don't dance around the issue ... give them a hard, firm bottom line number...

Be prepared to wait them out and expect lots of back and forth, but all the time stay firm and keep the emails straight to the point; ignore extraneous questions they may ask to avoid getting baited into a corner.

And furthermore be clear about the terms - do escrow for sure (escrow.com is easiest for big deals, though Moniker is good too) ... don't go into techie stuff about pushing / transferring ... do the escrow and then worry about that stuff when the appropriate time comes.

Good luck.

Ron

Don't do that if you think its great offer you wil never get again. They could get pissed off. Also it would be rather "filthy".

Escrow.com IS DANGEROUS - they do NOT do escrow for the domain, just for the money. Always Moniker.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you already did much negotiation on the price and feel it's the best you will ever get from anyone, then it may be easiest to go with $15K like before.

However, if the domain is of a highly generic nature and/or you have received other decent offers in the past, even if much lower, then holding out may be worthwhile and profitable, though certainly there are no guarantees.

Going higher may come across badly to some buyers, but this is business ... if they really wanted it at $15K, then they shouldn't have "canceled" the purchase. Something is worth what another is willing to pay - if they come back to you after they've already "canceled", they're likely willing to pay $15K and then some ... whatever amount, within reason, just to get the deal done

Speaking of escrow - escrow.com only handles the financial side of the transaction, but that's where most problems happen. For extra security, Moniker is excellent ... but will add time and complexicity - if you're relatively certain you're dealing with a bonafide buyer who has real assets, escrow.com is likely sufficiently safe enough.

Ron

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have the balls to ask for more money. However at worst I might keep it and develop a blog. Yes this is a totally generic domain name.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have the balls to ask for more money. However at worst I might keep it and develop a blog. Yes this is a totally generic domain name.

Tell us OVT without, how many words and whats the bids in overture, for example cheaploans.com - 2 words, OVT wo 6117, 38 bids, 2nd highest $1.20, 4th highest $0.50, singular/plural about 50/50

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny. The domain is 8 letters. Overture around zero. Very similar to MoneyPoint .com, something like that.

I would appreciate your opinion.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Denny. The domain is 8 letters. Overture around zero. Very similar to MoneyPoint .com, something like that.
I would appreciate your opinion.

Do not bargin anymore, take it. If for example MoneyPoint.com would be in drops, I wouldn't even bid on it.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like payment is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom