Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NetSol problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi.

I thought that Network Solutions had been forced to stop their racket, but apparently this is not the case.

My father went searching for some domains names for a potential business and asked me last night about registering them. He made the unfortunate mistake of running his whois checks at NetSol. So this morning when i looked them up, of course they are status 'ClientHold' at Network Solutions, creation date, yesterday :upset:

Will these domains be released in 5 days? should i just wait? It is important for me to get these domains for my Dad.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do not want to pay NetSol pricing, then it's best to wait the 4 or 5 days.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i don't know about pricing, i just dont want to give my business to those unscrupulous scum. that is preposterous that i would have to register it there. how did they not end this practice yet? i thought enough heat came down on them for this that the CEO stepped down. Network Pollutions

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, they added a section on there web site, but they didn't stop doing it. http://about-networksolutions.com/customer-protection-measure.php

They say they are proctecting you as the customer from Front Runners, but then they do it themself.. but they do give you the option to opt-in for the "Protection" when you do a search.

"A customer may phone Network Solutions customer support and request the domain name be released before the end of the reserve period."

1-800-333-7680

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use GD and My own reseller site to check domains when brain storming. Now, I just put them all in notepad and under 'domains', I select 'bulk registration'. If any are available, I try to cull out the worst and reg the best ones for my purpose.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea, i know the ins and outs, but obviously someone like my dad does not, and of course netsol comes up as the second result when googling whois. :rolleyes: they should be deposed of such undeservedly high s.e. rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom