Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Network Solutions Certified Offer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidH

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience, either good or bad, of using the NS Certified Offer Service as a means of selling a domain name?

I have an agreement with an end user to sell a domain name (buyer in US with an account at NS and myself in the UK, never used NS before) and the buyer wants to use NS as a third party to handle the transaction by making the agreed sale price as an offer under the NS Certified Offer Service.

I am concerned how long NS would take to handle the transaction and particularly to pay me since I am in a different country from the buyer. I would prefer to use Escrow.com.

Before I go back to the buyer I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has used the service to get an impression of how good (or otherwise) an experience they had, what fees were charged and how long it took for payment to be received.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

DavidH

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best thing I like about this service is that NSI gets a pre authorization on the buyer,s creditcard/debitcard. So if his offer is accepted by the seller, he cannot change his mind or play games to delay the payment. Good luck.

URLtrader

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a seller, it took me 30 days to get paid and I am in the US. So I would think it would be Longer for you to get paid.

The service in general.... sucks! IMO

As a buyer, I used it because the person I was buying from asked as well. We had a set price, I made the offer and the seller didn't get the email for nearly 10 days. After he got the email, in the mean time, the seller decided to get an Appraisal and wanted 4X's what we agreeded on. Waste of $19, and NetSol did NOTHING for my part on contacting the seller, besides sending the bouncing emails. If I wouldn't of sent NetSol an email about the seller not getting the emails, he never would of got any.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience with this as a buyer....It is very safe for the buyer....and costs them 5%.

The transactions have been very quick for me as the sellers had their names with Netsol...I would say on average, from when the agreement is accepted, I have the domain in my account with in 3-4 days.

The seller chooses the method of getting paid and depending on that method and how long the domain takes to get to netsol - those are the determining factors on how long the transaction takes.

After the transactions I was apart of, the sellers got wire payments in 5 days....but keep in mind their names were at netsol.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made the offer and the seller didn't get the email for nearly 10 days. Waste of $19, and NetSol did NOTHING for my part on contacting the seller, besides sending the bouncing emails.

You need to do some hand holding with the seller...lots of hand holding.... and the e-mails netsol sends always goes into their spam folder...

$19.00 Plus the 5% of the sale amount.
True the $19 is also a cost, my purchases have been pretty large and I forgot about the initial fee before it is actually a transaction.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i just had an netsol certified offer completed 2 weeks ago and got check last week.

Domain had 60 day lock and they contacted GD to remove that for quick transfer - even when my request to do same was not granted...but now they took that 60 day hold away sooo - easier sales now :)

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have used netsol certified offer

there are cheaper alternatives

but i liked netsol certified offer regardless

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an anonymous offer this way for a name and sold it a year ago or so.. it took around 3-4 weeks after the domain transfer finished for my check to arrive I think.

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How can one counter with a price greater than $25,000 USD?

Thanks

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I really like this service and have sold about half a dozen domains through NS. It usually takes about 2 weeks to get paid, which is no big deal.

What's interesting is; every sale was from a end user. All but one sent low ball offers, but they accepted my counter offer almost instantly, which was over 10 times their initial offer.. I got a NS certified offer today for a car rental domain, I should know in the next 10 days if the buyer accepts.

I would recommend the service. :yes:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently got an offer through this, but it was rather low, so I countered with a higher amount - never heard again from the buyer. Guess he lost $19 there? That anonymity sucks though, I can't contact him with a bit lower price or any details and neither can he.

The potential buyer can use the domain Whois to contact you, if he/she wanted the domain bad enough, they would do just that.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ALWAYS make counter offer $25,000 and hope buyer will figure out to contact me directly. Can't be bothered with check payments - too much hassle outside USA.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The potential buyer can use the domain Whois to contact you, if he/she wanted the domain bad enough, they would do just that.

yeah but I suspect not many are people are tech savvy enough to do that. Ask a few non domainer friends if they know what "whois" is :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many buyers prefer to approach you anonymously. That must be why I usually receive offers via Sedo (most of my names are parked there).

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of these offers seem to be an enduser who searched the name on NetSol and found it was regged - then they saw that they can make a certified offer to buy. One flaw with the system is that they do not allow for more than 2 rounds of counter offers.

I had a 3k offer get away because I did not know that and tried to push it further. The enduser just though they had failed and moved on. I eventually foundout who the end user was - they went with a different name but would have paid upto 10k for the name I had but thought my last offer was final....because the service indicated that and they could not pay 20k.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of these offers seem to be an enduser who searched the name on NetSol and found it was regged - then they saw that they can make a certified offer to buy.
Bingo. Who would search for domains at Netsol ? :)
The problem is that indeed there is no room for back and forth negotiation with that service. You need to be careful when making a counter-offer as it is pretty much take it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom