Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Network Solutions could end its partnership with Snapnames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Registrars should be prohibited to own drop-catching services or to auction off names.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haven't we heard about NSI doing this in the past but it never got off the ground?

I agree with you, acro. Unfortunately, no one knows who really lines ICANN's coffers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registrars should be prohibited to own drop-catching services or to auction off names.
Beyond a doubt. And some call domainers cybersquatters and resent "tasting".

Look at TDNAM. TDNAM/GoDaddy are their own best customer. Never ending stream of revenue from regs, new regs, renewals, sales, auctions. Not to mention hyper-inflated traffic stats to make a sale.

Haven't we heard about NSI doing this in the past but it never got off the ground?

I agree with you, acro. Unfortunately, no one knows who really lines ICANN's coffers.
I think it has a better chance now. I saw where TM applications had been submitted for what seemed like perhaps 12-15 names and variations of NameJet.

And if you are a big registrar with some deep pockets, you can not ignore the fact that there is money to be made in this.

I think the days of backordering and actually catching a drop uncontested are quickly coming to a close. I get lucky every now and then. But that may be one out of 20-25 backorders.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

The only people that "can" register (catch a domain) is a registrar.

So, you are suggesting that a registrar like Snapnames or Network Sol. should
only make $ 0.50 to $ 1.00 per domain.

And, the profit from domains should "move back" to people writing their own script
like Yum, Schilling, Acroplex, etc.

While we are on the topic, Icann should not collect $ 0.20 per domain.
Because, all they will do with it is spend it on themselves.

Whereas, a domainer donates all of his revenue to charity.

What we are experiencing is the consolidation of power. And, you/we are wasting
our time trying to stop it.

Within 5 yrs, the domain industry will be totally dominated by major corporations.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only people that "can" register (catch a domain) is a registrar.

So, you are suggesting that a registrar like Snapnames or Network Sol. should
only make $ 0.50 to $ 1.00 per domain.

And, the profit from domains should "move back" to people writing their own script
like Yum, Schilling, Acroplex, etc.

While we are on the topic, Icann should not collect $ 0.20 per domain.
Because, all they will do with it is spend it on themselves.

Whereas, a domainer donates all of his revenue to charity.

What we are experiencing is the consolidation of power. And, you/we are wasting
our time trying to stop it.

Within 5 yrs, the domain industry will be totally dominated by major corporations.

Very well put. Its their business idea, their start up money/risk and their history that is paying off now more then ever and has potential to increase. Good for them.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very well put. Its their business idea, their start up money/risk and their history that is paying off now more then ever and has potential to increase. Good for them.

You forgot...'Their monopoly'... on all names regged uptil what 1999.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a client once, He a owned a premium domain, one that would fetch 50K easy if it dropped, it was expiring at Network Solutions and 2 weeks into expiration, so he caught it in time before the auction date, But after logging into his account he found he was not able to renew it, so he called NS and they gave him a hard time stating he had to pay a penalty and Fax ownership information, after arguing for over an hour on the phone and escalating the matter, he was able to renew it.....During the call he asked; how many days did I have before I would of lost my domain? Answer: 60 days.......Liars

With the amount of money NS is earning on drops, examples like this are only going to get worse, doing everything they can to encourage domains to expire...I agree that Godaddy is guilty of this too. ICANN has had their head in the sand for WAY too long.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No fault....good business then....but they continue to reap the benefits of their prior monopoly on the drops of their (previous) customers.

While that is true you cannot blame anyone for being allowed to dare I say " take advantage " of a situationor restrictions not in place. Could be no one intended for this and it simply fell in their laps as well, possible. Was resale always a goal 5-10-15 years ago ?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true...I cannot blame a company for taking advantage in an unregulated business...it's still the wild west (for the players).

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's done and looks like it will be a snapnames killer. Enom + Netsol = NameJet

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
buh bye snapnames..thats what you get for bidding on your own auctions and cancelling ones that did'nt go high enough..scammers

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like Oversee/DomainSponsor should have checked the contracts before they spent $35M...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Shame on you people, wishing Snapnames' demise!

What will "halvarez" do from now on? He has mouths to feed :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is sh*tting itself right now.."where did all the generic names go?" lol

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is sh*tting itself right now.."where did all the generic names go?" lol

The same way Pool sh*t themselves went snapnames partnered with NS :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom