Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Network Solutions is being run by satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Network Solutions...

I've been trying to transfer away a client's domain name to a new registrar for over SIX weeks now. Everything is in order, all of the Network Solutions transfer emails have been answered, i've turned off their security settings that might keep it from being transferred, I got the authorization code, I used it, and still, no transfer. Now, for the last week it doesn't show up in the Network Solutions account control panel and neither does it show up at the new registrar.

Anyone know any NS magic? I have tried their trouble ticket system, and the last two they haven't even answered. Is there something I'm missing?

Vivvy

M

mole

Do you have direct access to the admin email? Does the client also have direct access to the admin email? Do both of you have access to the Netsol control panel for the domain? Sometimes clients can mess up everything for you when you act as an intermediary.

I have never had any problems with Netsol transfers, especially of late. They even email to tell you they have approved the transfer, and then bang, it appears on your gaining registrar's account.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both the client and I have access to the admin email and the control panel, although she wouldn't even know how to get into it....

I have transferred over 100 domain names from Network Solutions and have never once had it go smoothly. They're the only registrar I can say that about.

Vivvy

M

mole

Vivvy said:
Both the client and I have access to the admin email..

Maybe that's where the problem is? If both of you can download email addressed to the admin, maybe the client downloaded the confirmation email from the gaining registrar? Transfering to eNom, for example, mandates that the admin confirm the transfer request or bye bye transfer.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no, the email is only being downloaded in one place... and we've already responded to the transfer request emails.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Netsol has been exceptional with transfers ever since I entered into the domain business.

In fact, probably one of the best places to transfer out of for me.

Transfer emails came fast, they released the names no problem.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it has gotten to the point where i expect Network Solutions to be difficult, but after 6 weeks of this I think they're definitely beyond difficult... and as usual, unethical.
Vivvy

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also found NetSol to be excellent with transfers and cust service as far as com and net names go. They are much better than the old firm of a few yrs ago prior to their sale.

In fact, I would say they are the best registrar to deal with as far as com and net tranfers go. Is your name a com? They are much more difficult on other extensions, especially org and us.

Have you tried calling tollfree tech supt? Hold times are usually short and service is good.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a quote from the network solutions call line this morning:

"we are experiencing longer than usual hold times" yada yada yada... go to our online support ticket... which takes a minimum of 24 hours to get a response...

and there shouldn't be any delays, no matter what the extension, if the emails they send for transfer are answered as specified, and they were...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I called them a few mos ago on the toll free number a number of times with almost no hold time, often they answer on the first ring or a short hold.

As far as org and us go when I dealt with them on an org they needed lots of complex and oddly worded paperwork signed by both seller and buyer, even notarized, and fax'd to them, a huge problem and delay.

If an alternate ext you might try a push rather than a transfer, which is much easier.

The reason they are so good with com and net is they are also the registry in addition to being the registrar but they have no control over other extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom