Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Network Solutions Sued for Holding Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lawsuit seeking class action status has been filed in the United States District Court for the District of California against Network Solutions and ICANN. The suit arises under Network Solutions’ practice of “holding” domain names for a set period of time after a potential registrant searches for the names.

I've posted a short article on it, which includes a copy of the Complaint:

Presently on CyberLawg:
http://www.cyberlaw.pro/cyberlawg

Permalink:
http://www.cyberlaw.pro/cyberlawg/domain-names/registrar-sued-for-holding-domain-names.html

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought this was coming.

What action can individuals who searched for domain names at NSI that they were thinking of registering and were affected by this take? My friend was affected by this. Will he be able to get releif under this lawsuit?

socalboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Eric,

We have several districts here in California. Where is it filed? Most likely Northern (San Fran--corporate headquarters of Verisign), Central (LA--locating of ICANN), or perhaps Southern (San Diego). Would be interested to know the judge. Thanks,

Eric (too)

cyberlaw

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eric,

Anyone with a name that good deserves a good answer!

It's in the Central District for California in the "Western Division" which is your neck of the woods, Los Angeles.

The case has been assigned to District Judge Philip S. Gutierrez and the assigned discovery Magistrate Judge is Victor B. Kenton.

We'll see what happens with it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom