Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NetworkSolutions and transferring out link

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetworkSolutions sent a link to click if I did NOT want to transfer the name out. Otherwise they said the transfer would automatically take place in 5 days. I do not see a way to modify the link, like some, where you can change something and it would make it so you ACCEPTED The transfer and it transfers out sooner.

Anyone know how to modify the link they provide to make it accept the transfer so I do not have to wait the 5 days?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
None that I'm aware of. Unlike, GoDaddy (their best feature LOL)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not see a way to modify the link, like some, where you can change something and it would make it so you ACCEPTED...

I follishly clicked once, hoping there would be a choice. Sadly, I had to wait five days. No response from tech support (don't know why I even bothered).

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was going to click, but I will wait. Fortunately, it is just one domain I am transferring from there.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they've changed it since then. But when I transferred my last
domain name away from Network Solutions last October, the link I had clicked
from their email asked me to either confirm or deny the transfer.

Why not contact them, especially via phone, and ask if that's still the case?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you can click the link and confirm or deny the transfer, but even when you confirm the transfer you still have to wait...they don't transfer it early like most registrars do.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll just wait. The email reads:

>We received notification on June 13, 2008
>x:xx:xx AM EDT that you have requested to transfer to another domain
>name registrar. If you would like to proceed with this transfer you do
>not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer
>please contact us before June 17, 2008 x:xx:xx AM EDT by visiting our
>secure website <<link removed>>
>
>If we do not hear from you by June 17, 2008
>x:xx:xx AM EDT, this transfer will proceed.
>We are committed to providing you with the solutions, services, and
>support to help you succeed online. We hope to continue serving you in
>the future.
>
>Sincerely, Network Solutions® Customer Support

But normally you can edit the link to accept it early instead of waiting. It appears now they force you to wait. Only 3 more days so I will wait it out. I am in no rush anyways.

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing is easy at NS, The bigger these Registrars get, the more red tape you have to go through.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing is easy at NS, The bigger these Registrars get, the more red tape you have to go through.

Agreed. Plus they still charge $35/yr for domains :rolleyes:

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely the reason they have a -15K+ domain lose monthly. NSI and Moniker are the only two Top 10 registrars that Lose more domains in a month then gain. (top 10 by Amount of domains).

Godaddy's 30 day gain, 495,563 :yes:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With 1&1 (I've done plenty of transfers out of them ;) ) you get an email stating you have to click on a link to accept the transfer or it will be cancelled. Odd that someone does it the opposite way, you'd think
1) They'd want to keep the domains registered with them (for the renewal)
2) They'd want to make it easy for the domain owners when someone might want to illegally take their domains.

I'm glad I only have at most 5 domains with them at any given time.

You mean like with GoDaddy's 10,000 add-ons whenever you want to just register a domain? Let us just register them! I know one registrar that works w/ a drop catch service (it might be NetSol?) charges for DNS, won't let you transfer out <60 days (even though you got it from NetSol) etc.. Tons of extra charges or else they'll park it and make money off of your domain for 60 days.

Yeah, that really hurts. No wonder they lose a lot of customers. I try not to keep any domains w/ NetSol. Too bad most catch services don't let you choose which registrar you want it to go to (even if there was an extra fee).

Last edited:

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You mean like with GoDaddy's 10,000 add-ons whenever you want to just register a domain?

Advertising is annoying I know. Nothing pisses me off more than to have advertisements FORCED on you.

I opened a checking account at BofA last month, just to take advantage of the wide # of branch locations. What I got in return was a bombardment of Telemarketing calls, NOT a freaking day goes by that I don't get at least 6 F**king calls from these a-holes, And they call at all times of the day AND night.

Told them I'm on the Do-not-call list and to remove me, but they KEEP calling.

Sorry for going off topic.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Advertising is annoying I know. Nothing pisses me off more than to have advertisements FORCED on you.

I opened a checking account at BofA last month, just to take advantage of the wide # of branch locations. What I got in return was a bombardment of Telemarketing calls, NOT a freaking day goes by that I don't get at least 6 F**king calls from these a-holes, And they call at all times of the day AND night.

Told them I'm on the Do-not-call list and to remove me, but they KEEP calling.

Sorry for going off topic.

Don't have National City around you?

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't have National City around you?

I dont think so, The banks here with the largest chains are; BofA, Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual. My main bank is "City National", but they have few branches.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are transferring out domains from NS then you have to wait for 5 days without clicking any link.if the transfer is within NS then you have an "accept the transfer" link which transfers domain immediately within NS.

They used to have "accept the transfer" for outbound request previously i guess.but now they have stopped.correct me if i am wrong.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely the reason they have a -15K+ domain lose monthly. NSI and Moniker are the only two Top 10 registrars that Lose more domains in a month then gain. (top 10 by Amount of domains).

Godaddy's 30 day gain, 495,563 :yes:
Not good. I also think Moniker is overrated and it looks like registrants are voting with their wallet :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom