Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Afternic Poll

Should they have named their site Afternic.com?

• Yes they should have named their site Afternic.com.

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No they should have redirected to their previous site.

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With 90 year old grandmas hammering out bids on eBay 24/7, I don't think a domain name buyer has a problem with this.

The real issue is that this auction model is trying to cater to a wholesale market, and people for the most part won't pay more than reg fee in this arena.

Should have called after after nic.com

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"The advice they are getting here is priceless. Not to mention the free plug. I don't think they are bothered in the least bit by our input. This forum has "helped", not "hurt" their cause in my opinion, and it has everything to do with "proproject" being open and honest. I think everyone would agree with me that we'd like them to succeed, however we do offer opinions in how best to get to the finish line." -izopod

Agree! And, well said by Izopod! I mentioned this "news" or, in Izopod's "free plug", in my initial post in this thread ... and I don't think I gave it enough emphasis at the time. The more I think about it, the more I have to agree that by utilizing the name "Afternic.com" AS the name for their site makes so much more sense ... with already established links, a known brand, and traffic. This "free publicity" is simply icing on the cake at this point, in my opinion.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom