Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Companies Are Making the Dream of Affordable Mass Domain Development a Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new March Cover Story has just been published at DNJournal.com. Domain name portfolio owners have long dreamed of a day when it would be possible to affordably develop their names en masse. That day is now here, but there are still many questions to be asked. The most important one being "will mass produced mini-sites make more money than the traditional solution, domain parking?"

We set out to get the answer to that and other questions about a rapidly growing new sector of the domain industry devoted to mass development. Since this category is so new (most of the companies started offering their services just months ago) there aren't many long term track records to go by yet. That being the case, we called on top executives at five of the best known companies in the space; AEIOU.com, DevHub.com, SiteGraduate.com, WannaDevelop.com and WhyPark.com and questioned them at length about the services they provide. You can read the full story here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2009/march.htm

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great article thanks Ron!

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Superb article Ron and indeed - very timely - I am a strong believer in developing sites (even small ones) for any domains vs. the parking solutions, although we tend to do it for domains that will not get traffic through pure type-in but will get nice long tail results if they're visible as organic SERPs....

Rob

montydad5000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Superb article Ron and indeed - very timely - I am a strong believer in developing sites (even small ones) for any domains vs. the parking solutions, although we tend to do it for domains that will not get traffic through pure type-in but will get nice long tail results if they're visible as organic SERPs....

Rob

This is the burning question in my mind. I have been in affiliate marketing for many years now, but domaining is still somewhat new to me.

I like the idea of not having to worry about whether people BUY something through your affiliate link.

With domaining, they either buy your domain OR you park and just get the click.

Yesterday, I bought a two-word (9-letter) domain name that has about 27,000 searches per month (for the phrase) and an estimated CPC of $0.50.

I parked it with Sedo for now.

Will a parked page get indexed? Can I SEO it? I'm thinking that I can't.

Am I better off with a developed mini-site?

Where can I get some advice or guides? Thanks. :cool:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WannaDevelop.com???

You gotta be kidding me???

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the burning question in my mind. I have been in affiliate marketing for many years now, but domaining is still somewhat new to me.

I like the idea of not having to worry about whether people BUY something through your affiliate link.

With domaining, they either buy your domain OR you park and just get the click.

Yesterday, I bought a two-word (9-letter) domain name that has about 27,000 searches per month (for the phrase) and an estimated CPC of $0.50.

I parked it with Sedo for now.

Will a parked page get indexed? Can I SEO it? I'm thinking that I can't.

Am I better off with a developed mini-site?

Where can I get some advice or guides? Thanks. :cool:

if you self host the domain and setup a framed redirect to sedo you can pull in *some* SEO traffic

domain parking pages though are worthless and shouldn't be indexed or show up in the results... there are a few ways to manipulate the search engines but 99% of the time all parked pages are either penalized/banned obviously and for a very good reason.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you self host the domain and setup a framed redirect to sedo you can pull in *some* SEO traffic

what do u mean by this?..and what does this accomplish?

there are a few ways to manipulate the search engines

is this done to make the search engines think that they are not looking at a parked page?.....

montydad5000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

domain parking pages though are worthless and shouldn't be indexed or show up in the results... there are a few ways to manipulate the search engines but 99% of the time all parked pages are either penalized/banned obviously and for a very good reason.

OK, color me intrigued.

That "minisites" site is interesting, if not a bit expensive. I'm all for spending money. Anyone else used that service?

Anyway, do feel free to explain the above. I know how to set up a meta refresh redirect.

How do I forward that to Sedo? They don't require you to point your nameservers to their site?

P.S. - Where the hell is the "RSS Feed" button on your blog, Mike? :)

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do u mean by this?..and what does this accomplish?

is this done to make the search engines think that they are not looking at a parked page?.....

These are blackhat tecnics...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, color me intrigued.

That "minisites" site is interesting, if not a bit expensive. I'm all for spending money. Anyone else used that service?

Anyway, do feel free to explain the above. I know how to set up a meta refresh redirect.

How do I forward that to Sedo? They don't require you to point your nameservers to their site?

you should be asking Sedo techs/support to explain the above ;)

search the forum, there is a wealth of information on here.. good luck

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pm sent Tony :)

Lyonscars

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just completed a site with aiou. since march 11 my site is already ranked 5 on google for the exact keyword in my domain. "windshirt"

This is the first site i have ever developed. I'm very new to this.

I'd say they did a pretty good job. They were also very helpful and informative.

Before i even started with aeiou.com they told me they have been seeing the best results with sites that get searched 1,000 - 5,000 times per month. They also told me to the best tool was googles sk tool.

I did notice that the results vary depending on which keyword tool i use. I'm not sure why.

using googles sk tool my keyword "windshirt" shows 1500 searches. Using googles other keyword tool the results were 60,000 for Feb and an average of 33,000

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just completed a site with aiou. since march 11 my site is already ranked 5 on google for the exact keyword in my domain. "windshirt"

I'd say they did a pretty good job. They were also very helpful and informative.

Before i even started with aeiou.com they told me they have been seeing the best results with sites that get searched 1,000 - 5,000 times per month. They also told me to the best tool was googles sk tool.

I did notice that the results vary depending on which keyword tool i use. I'm not sure why.

using googles sk tool my keyword "windshirt" shows 1500 searches. Using googles other keyword tool the results were 60,000 for Feb and an average of 33,000

always use the "exact" for the match type and uncheck the synonyms box.

montydad5000

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, that's a good tip. I don't usually uncheck the synonyms box. Now, if only I had $999 to get started with you.

Soon.

gjsys

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would just go with Noomle.com - so far, it's worked out well. Site creation and adsense/YPN/CJ, etc. implementation is a breeze. SE indexation works well for many others i've talked to, i just can't seem to get my own domains on site 1 :rolleyes: Use of their engine is free of charge, which is the biggest plus.

Also, noomle.com is NOT my site. (would be nice though)

G.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

if your site is windshirt.com.....tell the brain surgeons at AEIOU.com to use the enforce-www-preference plugin......you are losing link juice by having both versions appear......get the non-www to redirect to the www one.... what this enforce-www-preference plugin does...and I cant believe they don't use it on every site they build.....again...i guess you get what you pay for....:)

also---no TITLE on your home page???....geez...

Last edited:

Lyonscars

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if your site is windshirt.com.....tell the brain surgeons at AEIOU.com to use the 301 redirect plugin......you are losing link juice by having both versions appear......get the non-www to redirect to the www one.... what this 301 redirect plugin does...and I cant believe they don't use it on every site they build.....again...i guess you get what you pay for....:)

also---no TITLE on your home page???....geez...

Please elaborate and show some professionalism.
I do appreciate all your tips and suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom