Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New DN Journal Cover Story: Michael Mann's Plan to Change the World with WashingtonVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new September Cover Story has just been published at DNJournal.com. With this article Michael Mann becomes the first person to be the subject of a DN Journal cover story twice (the first time was four years ago this month). A great deal has changed since we last wrote about Mann in September 2003. He is still a hard driving man. He wants to make money - lots of money. Of course, that doesn't exactly make him unique. The thing that's different about Mann, who has already made tens of millions of dollars, is that his primary reason for chasing greenbacks is to give them away.

He's been doing it for years through the well-known Grassroots.org foundation that he started and he will step up his efforts with the new Make Change! Trust that is about to launch. The energetic entrepreneur/philanthropist has been able to support those efforts because he is an extremely tough competitor in the business world. He co-founded BuyDomains.com and quickly built the aftermarket sales venue into an industry powerhouse. He sold the company to NameMedia two years ago but now he is back with a new company - WashingtonVC - that has many irons in the fire, including a new sales platform that will compete with the company he sold.

You can read all about it here: Man on a Mission: He Made a Fortune When He Sold BuyDomains - Now Michael Mann Wants to Change the World With WashingtonVC

Domain Summit 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mann built Buydomains by buying off the Registrars, grabbing domains exclusively for himself and robbing all of us of the opportunity.... I have ZERO respect for this guy, write all the articles you want about him, he always be remembered as a scumbag in my book.

bigbobm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Raider, dont hate the player, hate the game

bigbobm

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainsInc- Sounds like you are a hater! Here is a comment by you "Just the hope that one day i might come across that one great deal, that one great sale, ect. Sometimes its real hard to stay motivated in a business dominated by millionaires but as frustrated as i might get, i still love building my portfolio in the hopes it will be a better investment than anything else i could sink my money into." Like I said... Dont hate the players, hate the game!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll give the greedy guy some credit, he found a loophole in the system and exploited it to his own advantage.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainsInc- Sounds like you are a hater! Here is a comment by you "Just the hope that one day i might come across that one great deal, that one great sale, ect. Sometimes its real hard to stay motivated in a business dominated by millionaires but as frustrated as i might get, i still love building my portfolio in the hopes it will be a better investment than anything else i could sink my money into." Like I said... Dont hate the players, hate the game!
How does that make me a hater? Because I'm not rich?

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Behind Every Great Fortune There is a Crime" -- The first page of The Godfather. =)

Now raider, tell me, if you had an unfair competitive advantage, would you not use it? There is Nothing Fair in LOVE, War and BUSINESS.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are all loophole finders...it's all about WHO finds the biggest loophole...but this excludes STEALING...thieves are scum. Period. This guy is a big rich turd.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Now raider, tell me, if you had an unfair competitive advantage, would you not use it? There is Nothing Fair in LOVE, War and BUSINESS.

This is not about me, its about everyone worldwide who was going after those domains and got robbed of the opportunity.

Where we be today if Backorder services like Pool, Snapnames and others did not exist? it certainly looked as if it was going this way before Pool came along and started the auction revolution.....If you weren't in the game then, you wouldn't remember.

Others did follow Buydomains lead, Name Administration was one of them, contracting with a handful of Registrars against Buydomains 10+ Registrars, Makes me wonder how many more of these greedy bastards it would take before all Registrars were gobbled up, grabbing domains exclusively for THEM, where public backorder services would no longer exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom