Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Features for Members: Your Feedback Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to add some more value added features for our members... Please let me know in this string what types of things you would like to see added, and, If possible I will get them added.

Thanks in advance,

-=DCG=-

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm.

I am a little bit of a design freak.

That spell chekc button @ the bottom of the reply pages and fast reply, I think it needs to look like the rest.

In XP it looks out of place :-#

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's not a new feature, but thanks. Please keep this thread for new features, not technical issues.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Banners for everyone, ability to link them to a URL.
2. Domain registrations for less then $6.95 with free push transfers.
3. A real auction client like Ebay instead of the for sale section and the lame once a month auction.

That's it for now.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
1. Banners for everyone, ability to link them to a URL.
2. Domain registrations for less then $6.95 with free push transfers.
3. A real auction client like Ebay instead of the for sale section and the lame once a month auction.

That's it for now.

I htink #1 is very bad idea. But if you hang out @ GFY I guess maybe you're use to it. Banners for all takes away from teh prestige of exlusive memebrships as well as makes the pages take even longer to load :(

#3 is a good idea imo if implemented properly.
I think it would be best to keep it on site instead of the DNFAuctions.com thing.

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Option to remove all ads for paid memberships.

Was paying for a membership not enough?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol

I kinda agree flatt :)

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i like to see domains stats in the forum main page in the place of google ads
so customers will feel like entering a real big domain market place and i don't bother myself hanging over many sites looking for other info .

good luck

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ability to link a banner to a url

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheBlackHole / Forum Trashcan
If threads really need to be deleted, I'd prefer they go into some type of "trashcan" or "rubbish bin" forum (read/only), located at the very bottom of the main forum list. I honestly believe that while it may be important to CLOSE and TOSS certain threads, I think keeping those threads around as a reference point for people is much less jarring to the community. Members can always VIEW or rifle through this "rubbish bin", with the understanding that these threads will NEVER be put back into the active parts of the forum (or added to). Another note, "banned" members can have a single post saying "X Member -- Banned" in the title, and inside, the reason why they were banned. Not up for debate, but just for transparency, so people don't have to ask questions about what happened to... "blank".

Here are my past suggestions:

Live Auction "registered name" checks?
http://www.dnforum.com/t28920
I'm not sure if this was an accident, but to prevent any misunderstandings, I think the auction software should be modified to perform a registry check before allowing any name to be entered into the system. MORE...

Bug Reporting Form
http://www.dnforum.com/t39276
Instead of having people post in the Suggestions and Feedback area, when something doesn't work, could their be a NON-FORUM oriented "bug report" form, where people don't have to sign-in to use it? Basically, if they're expierencing problems with "signing in", they shouldn't have to go nutty figuring it out. MORE...

Help FAQ
http://www.dnforum.com/t23271#post177290
I've seen a number of people ask the same question in a few different ways, right after each other... That's probably not the best way to go. MORE...
(--Though NameFAQs.com beat you to this suggestion, finally... but more is always better).

~ Nexus

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They do have a trashcan here Nexus, located in the Mod forum. I don't think it's a good idea to let everyone see what's in it.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
They do have a trashcan here Nexus, located in the Mod forum. I don't think it's a good idea to let everyone see what's in it.
Trash is trash. Some forums don't delete posts at all, resolving only by *closing* (unless they're mistakes ie: double posts). Gives transparency and a track-record to the process and history of the forum. It always seems weird to have someone complain about something and not be able to see for yourself before moving on. Causes suspicions, and makes people think someone is hiding something. All sorts of nonsense. It would even make sense to "hide" it in the mod forum for a while, for discussion, before tossing it in the universal bin. Just one idea for a feature I suppose (to make it public).

~ Nexus

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A forum clock, like an LED clock in the header that displays forum time, whichever timezone the forum chooses to use. That way, auctions can end on "forum time" rather than people posting the time zone they are in. There is no clock on the forum anywhere.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very good idea Giant.

Maybe to be unbiased it should run on Grenich meen time?

If it runs on east coast people on the west will complain, and any other variation :)

Or maybe DNF should have it's own time zone? :-D

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could enhance the PMs with a record of money
transfers and domain transfers. Then you have a
record if there's a dispute and you could printout all
your own transactions, list anything outstanding, like
an accounting journal.

Everyones got the paypal and transfer down pat, now you
just have to send a special PM with "I sent this and received this"
and they click approve and you both have the transaction
recorded!

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Less advertising displayed for paid members - I encourage this too.

M

mole

A little Christmas decoration on member badges (the one with the keys) until Dec 26th.

Some Christmas decorations on the DNF logo might be nice too.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Ability to remove all advertising, including the banners in signatures.

The rollover box which displays thread contents.

Instant alerts delivered to my browser whenever a new thread is posted in the sales forum (even when I am not on dnforum.com) - I can give you more details - I know the system pretty well now (costs 25 cents (Australian) per person per month - I would happily pay an extra $30-50/year for this). Also useful from the point of view you can serve live ads to people using it eg. send a message out 5 minutes before a live auction start.

M

mole

You can use 3rd party software to do this, tig.

My Norton Internet Security kills my banner sigs :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom