Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Features for Members: Your Feedback Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
To send me alerts for new threads mole? If so - what does it?

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are you not reffering to subscribing to a thread??
- Jordan

M

mole

I think he means subscribing to all new threads with an email alert. Wow, that's al lot of spam to go through when on the go.

You can subscribe with your Mobile ISP for a service like Blackberry and the Blackberry mobile/pda to get your emails on the fly, but such services don't come cheap.

PROBLEM is, the VBB email just tells you someone posted, not the exact contents of that post.

And what happens if you are asleep?

I didn't answer because I thought it was a ridiculous request. If you are not prepared to do your time, do not be expected to be spoonfed. No one owes anyone a living.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Mole, DCG asked for extra features we would like and this is one I would really like - I think you really need to see it to understand how useful it is.

What I meant Jordan, was it is a really small addon to your browser which dnforum would have access to. It is totally invisible until dnforum sends the alert - then a small window pops up in the right hand corner of your browser with the thread title and the link, so no matter where you are in the Internet you can jump straight to it or just click on the alert to make it go away.

There is no spam factor whatsoever, because if you are not online within an amount of time specified by dnforum, you will never even see the alert (they expire automatically), so there is zero spam building while you sleep. If you don't want to get the alerts at all, turn it off for a while or remove it - simple.

I think being instantaneously sent the title of every new thread in the Sales forum would be fantastic. There are many times I have missed out on great names because I don't spend 24 hours/day at dnforum. It would also mean increased use of dnforum as people are brought back to the site more often, which translates into a more active forum.

Other people may choose to receive alerts if a new thread is posted in the Wanted forum - whatever.

As I said before, it would also allow dnforum to instantaneously contact all members on line at that point in time eg. come to dnforum for the live auction, come to chat to ask DCG any questions you have, special price on domain names for the next 30 minutes etc. I hope the benefits are clear now.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
going through this thread now....

-=DCG=-

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big changes coming this Monday geared toward making all membership levels happy! Stay Tuned!

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Are we going to get the alerts? What do the staff think of that idea?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of members being able to customise what they get to see on the homepage, for instance there are a few sections that I never go into.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe a less graphic intensive design and the defualt one (now).

And the user could choose which to dislay.

The less graphic one I think should be like Domain-State's design imo :)

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
*sigh* I'll suggest it elsewhere - I think it will be a great idea for some forum as it's something I know I would find incredibly helpful.

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tigga, what if you just kept the forum minimised and it beeped with new posts? Then its not much different but has to autorefresh every 2 minutes or so.

And another idea for a forum, people put up their names with good end user appraisals and see if others scout for an end user and they take 10% or some figure. say with zmusic.com there's probably a few people in the music industry here with contacts that could line up a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom