Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New General Domain Discussion Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if there is a general domain name discussion forum (without moving to other threads like (gold forum) which is mostly for spiders and visitors.

Upvote 0
I

impactadmin

No problem.

Now that it is moving along. Are there any specific types of threads that we should not allow in there? For example sales threads which I have indicated.

Anything else to pay attention so we can moderate the forum?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem.

Now that it is moving along. Are there any specific types of threads that we should not allow in there? For example sales threads which I have indicated.

Anything else to pay attention so we can moderate the forum?

imo, if the section is about "domain discussion" then it should not be a "cloaked" attempt at promoting a specific domain or sales thread.

as example:

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/will-you-register-domains-related-netbook-nettop-thread-319515.html

The OP previously created a similar thread in Gold Cafe, which I closed because he posted a link in the thread to his sales thread, that contained related domains of the subject he started.

This was an obvious rule infraction, as "you are not allowed to start threads in discussion forums to promote your sales or services".

Now this second attempt to stir interest in a "product" (netbook/nettop) not a domain, therefore why is it in that section?

Again, imo before we create new sections to post, we should insure that we are not duplicating sections that provide the same function and accesses.

The person making the suggestions should be quite clear of what that area should contain, including the appropriate guidelines to moderate it.

imo...

I

impactadmin

imo, if the section is about "domain discussion" then it should not be a "cloaked" attempt at promoting a specific domain or sales thread.

as example:

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/will-you-register-domains-related-netbook-nettop-thread-319515.html

The OP previously created a similar thread in Gold Cafe, which I closed because he posted a link in the thread to his sales thread, that contained related domains of the subject he started.

This was an obvious rule infraction, as "you are not allowed to start threads in discussion forums to promote your sales or services".

Now this second attempt to stir interest in a "product" (netbook/nettop) not a domain, therefore why is it in that section?

Again, imo before we create new sections to post, we should insure that we are not duplicating sections that provide the same function and accesses.

The person making the suggestions should be quite clear of what that area should contain, including the appropriate guidelines to moderate it.

imo...
I understand your comments and suggestions.
This section should not be used as an area for members to duplicate threads.

I feel the thread he did post was general enough as long as it is still not duplicated.

Huseyin,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom