Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Gold Key Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
been to a few today and they have all been changed so far, someone must of told them it was a no no.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ecollins said:
been to a few today and they have all been changed so far, someone must of told them it was a no no.

so they are gone?

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, this certainly would be a blunder on Goldkey's part.
If they were doing this without Yahoo's knowledge...
stuff said:
so they are gone?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it would be allowed, why don`t other overture feed users do it?

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aren't we a little off topic - may i remind everyone this ' advertizing ' post is about the new templates.

(advertizing post - not discussion)

...and regarding the templates - many major subjects are missing :

main keywords like: fashion,clothes,fabrics ect.

found many major subjects completely missing.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
aren't we a little off topic - may i remind everyone this ' advertizing ' post is about the new templates.

i'd submit this to support and I'm sure they'll add any missing topics.
I'd be suprised if they wouldn't...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:

True. For example for a gay domain, the only one they had was "sexual" which is not gay at all, lol!

And I was wondering what to put on a lot of names, for example ***city.ext... what do they have in relation to cities? I ended up with "home".

And even if you have a related theme, if the keywords are not related to that theme, then how would that effect the CTR?

I was wondering about that too.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:

Advertisers are not above being questioned for their practices, check the Sedo section if you need more proof of that.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:

Since it started in the Gold forums and I moved it to advertsing, I decided to move it back to Gold since it really isn't advertsing.

-=DCG=-

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Joseph, thanks for writing. The sitemaps like anything else are used to help search engines find relevant pages and index those pages. The sitemaps are not designed in a manner to manipulate search engines. When used in moderation, the sitemaps can significantly impact your website's traffic however, we strongly discourage webmasters using them to load thousands and thousands of links into them. Especially unrelated links. When these pages are on topic, and served in moderation they will not be banned from search engines. However, if these sitemaps are being used in total disregard for the content they are serving, there is a high probability that it will be removed. It's simply like anything else Joseph. If you over do it, your simply asking for it. Tonight, we will be implementing some restrictions on the sitemap feature. I think this message needs to be clear on what is expected from domain owners. Manipulating our sitemap features and being unreasonable is something that will not be tolerated.

Please keep your eye peeled for the new restrictions. I hope I have answered your question. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to write me.

Regards,
Douglas

As you can see, they are not there to load 3000 keywords, although I did that myself for a few names, and now I will have to remove then to start over, it is to help the search engine, not manipulate them. Now I want to ask them do you have a reset button coming soon, lol!

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Topic: Domain Sitemap / Date: July 20, 2005.

Goldkey.com members will now experience restrictions on the sitemap features located inside their online members account. We have recently updated the sitemap feature to restrict bulk adding of keywords that exceed 512 total keywords per sitemap/domain.

These restriction will take affect immediately. We have implemented these restrictions to protect both domain owners and Goldkey from users whom manipulate the feature by populating their sitemaps with unrelated content and also thousands of unrelated keywords.

This change is not a punishment, its simply a method we need to put in place to protect the domain owners that use these sitemaps effectively. Goldkey.com does not condone the use of these sitemaps to generated unrelated traffic or to spam search engines with enourmous amounts of content from one website/multiple duplicate websites.

In closing, choose your keywords smartly. The most relevant keywords are also the most profitable ones. Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to keep your keywords on topic and also recommend that you avoid creating duplicate sitemaps for multiple domain names.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Believe me that won't last long either, 512 made up keywords to help with seo listings will also not be tolerated, they are just toning it down a bit as they should.

Still 512 made up related search terms producing 512 seo pages designed specifically for a landing page company will land the domain owners in hot water and get the domains banned.

You can see by the back pedaling I am not wrong about this, they will be plenty more backpedaling in the near future.... something like this is bad for companies like sedo, fabulous, hitfarm and othe companies that operate landing pages as 1 page. These companies will not let this continue, I am sure of that.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
Topic: Domain Sitemap / Date: July 20, 2005.

In closing, choose your keywords smartly. The most relevant keywords are also the most profitable ones. Furthermore, we strongly encourage you to keep your keywords on topic and also recommend that you avoid creating duplicate sitemaps for multiple domain names.

In closing, we are covering our ass and if your domain gets blocked it's on your head, cause you used this feature. ;)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am surprised this was allowed in the first place.

Even the small search networks want people to SEARCH before displaying PPC ads. Having the search engines index a search would not be too great in the eyes of Overture and the likes... I would imagine.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
I am surprised this was allowed in the first place.

Even the small search networks want people to SEARCH before displaying PPC ads. Having the search engines index a search would not be too great in the eyes of Overture and the likes... I would imagine.

Steen, as usual you are correct, my only concern here is for domain owners... and that's why I expressed it, because we are called DNforum.

-=DCG=-

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam,

I am surprised to see that you are criticizing Gold Key's system of spamming search engines when DNF offers a service that creates search engine spam.

http://www.dnforum.com/services/service_ppc.htm

I have experimented with creating pages of similar content and have found that it initially gets indexed. Then, one by one, the search engines ban the domain. I would be careful about penpals.com. It's a great domain, and I can see it possibly getting banned within a few months. It is better to experiment with junk domains.

I have analyzed the situation in the past and have decided that ultimately the searchers of Google and Yahoo get inconvenienced by search engine spam.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only difference is every page their has content targeted specifically towards the keywords with actual material to support it.

-=DCG=-

GeneralBill said:
Adam,

I am surprised to see that you are criticizing Gold Key's system of spamming search engines when DNF offers a service that creates search engine spam.

http://www.dnforum.com/services/service_ppc.htm

I have experimented with creating pages of similar content and have found that it initially gets indexed. Then, one by one, the search engines ban the domain. I would be careful about penpals.com. It's a great domain, and I can see it possibly getting banned within a few months. It is better to experiment with junk domains.

I have analyzed the situation in the past and have decided that ultimately the searchers of Google and Yahoo get inconvenienced by search engine spam.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
The only difference is every page their has content targeted specifically towards the keywords with actual material to support it.

-=DCG=-
Their pages do too: the keyword pages do have text under them about the links they are linking to.

I asked them about a reset button, and they said they will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom