Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

new guy. intro & quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marslizard

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi all.
i'm so happy to have found this forum; looks like one could learn a lot in a short time at a place like this. ...just happy to be here.

i do however have a question that has been nagging me for some time.
it goes like this...

#1 ok, i go do a whois search on one of my .com's on the networksolutions.com site
#2 then i click on "Certified Offer Service"
#3 then i see this "Not Sure How Much To Offer?" thingie with a drop down
which if you select no or don't know that the name "include the name of a product or service?" it gives you an estimated value or amount you could reasonably offer on that name...

well, just how much faith should i have in the resulting number? for example, if $22,000.00 - $25,000.00 USD is the result, should i even think for a moment that i could get that kind of $ for that name? or, is it just ns bs?

what do you all think?

thanx, & regards.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anything like that is bs , ignore.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a big difference between those services and reality. Honestly, the best way to get a sense of market value is to look at actual sale threads for comparable domains. You will be shocked at the difference.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will echo the previous two replies.

There is nothing worse than automated valuations (also be careful not to spend huge amounts for so-called professional valuations, even by the big companies).

My advice would be to look around at the market for comparable sales and think what your domain is worth in comparison to them.

Welcome to DNForum by the way.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed_ :welcome: here, marslizard! Enjoy dnF…

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marslizard -

When I first started domainining I had some of the automated appraisals done on domains I had registered and none of them were realistic.

The best thing to do is follow these boards and ignore the automated appraisals.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
every domain has a different value to each and every person.

do your research and homework and set your own objectives. then you can gauge what the value of the domain is to you inorder to reach those objectives. whether it's just a quick and fast ROI, or a good develepable keyword domain with long range potential, or just a steady stable rev and traffic domain.

if you go into domaining with a clear plan and objectives you can and will be very sucessfull.

good luck.

and never be afraid to ask questions.

-KwelX

marslizard

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx to all of you for your input.
i had suspected the certified offer service numbers to be mostly bs but i really needed to get that mssg from people in the biz.

marslizard

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for comparable sales information, see either DNJournal.com or the site in my sig (which is searchable by keywords).

And welcome.

Cheers,
BidNo

thanx 4 that BidNo.. it may take me a while to learn how to effectively use DNSalePrice.com but it looks very interesting. only recently have i developed any kind of interest in selling any of my names so, this kind of stuff is real interesting to me. thanx.

unlike some players, i don't have hundreds or thousands of names; i just have a few real good (adult) ones. so, i'm trying to be carefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom