Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New in Domain Business? WARNING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, the original dotcom sale needs to be realistic. For another example, ToyRecalls.com just sold for $10,000. With the low sales prices lately, I think it was a realistic sale.

So I regged ToyRecall.US which is not only an Auction Ape, but also a topical media term. The extension is appropriate since the recalls are typically US-based. Combine that with a very, very cheap price for ToyRecall.US and I think its a good combination for a quick sale. We'll see.

- Marketing Guru

i rest my case

and please.....no more of your "auction ape" regs listings here

Domain Summit 2024

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auction ape..interesting term. However I have found domaining to be a terrible business to get into as the more money I make, the more I spend.

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i rest my case

and please.....no more of your "auction ape" regs listings here

Biggie, try contributing something useful rather than just throwing out short insults that do nothing to build the thread and serve only to pump up your post count.

I was not 'listing' ArtClasses.biz or ToyRecall.US. Did you see a price 'listed'? They are concrete examples to the discussion thread. Please save your vitriol for someone who deserves it. Thanks.

This is a fun thread, and a great starting post. Good job, people!

- Marketing Guru

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With regards to Dot-Comversations, I also find myself coming up with domains for my friends and family, whether they want it or not. A friend was telling me about the Polar Bear Club he swims with in the Pacfic Ocean, so of course I had to look up polarbearclub.info (still available for hand-reg). When I told him about it, his response could be summed up as "why?"

Its a disease.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acesfull: You forgot one on the list of some domain crazed humans: Watching for all updates, technology bulletins, discussions, etc. regarding time travel with plans to travel back to the nineties and register everything you can get your hands on that you know has been a big hit since that time.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, with my ear being tuned in to domains mentioned on TV, I've made a nice chunk of change. :eek:k:

Funny list though.

Remember "wardrobe malfunction!?"
Will some new dot-com phrases come out of this year's Superbowl???

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remember "wardrobe malfunction!?"
Will some new dot-com phrases come out of this year's Superbowl???

That was a good one. SuperBowl Ads are another one. SuperBowlAds.biz is available right now for hand reg. But the NFL might come after you if you try to use it. You'd have to work around the trademark, such as Big Game. BigGame.me is available for hand reg too. As is BigGameAds.com.

-Marketing Guru

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie, try contributing something useful rather than just throwing out short insults that do nothing to build the thread and serve only to pump up your post count.

I was not 'listing' ArtClasses.biz or ToyRecall.US. Did you see a price 'listed'? They are concrete examples to the discussion thread. Please save your vitriol for someone who deserves it. Thanks.

This is a fun thread, and a great starting post. Good job, people!

- Marketing Guru

envious of my post count?

:rolleyes:

i was trying to give you some props for the "ape auction" term, but no insult was intended.

however, i asked you not to list any more of your newly regged domains, because you created sales threads for those domain names.

two of which were closed for spamming.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the best is when you are in the shower and you come up with a name.

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
envious of my post count?

:rolleyes:

i was trying to give you some props for the "ape auction" term, but no insult was intended.

however, i asked you not to list any more of your newly regged domains, because you created sales threads for those domain names.

two of which were closed for spamming.

Actually, Don, your comment was that Auction Aping "is a classic fallacy in the philosophy of domaining", so I doubted then and now that giving props was your intention.

But I ignored the abrasive quality of your post and instead responded politely to your unsubstantiated claim with a descriptive post explaining my meaning. To which you replied with an even more curt and abrasive post, telling me to stop using ToyRecall.US as an example. So I thought I should address your back-to-back attacks.

In fairness, though, I must admit that I did not realize at the time that you were a moderator thinking that you were doing your job. So to be clear, you really don't want members to use concrete examples from their own experience? Should we try to sidestep actually mentioning a domain by name? What is your definition of 'listing', because I still don't believe that after DomainFest, 'I woke up to find ArtClasses.biz in my account' equates to 'listing'.

On another note, as a newbie to DNForum I did make the mistake of reposting my domains in the same day, so thanks for closing them. Can you delete the threads entirely, as one of the domains is no longer available?

No hard feelings. Only peace, love and domain sales.

- Tim

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mentioned tv media, but you forgot billboard watching (and advertisements out there on the street in general).

I have been writing down phrases/terms that are out there for years. Pen and paper is on me 24-7 ;) . I have stacked notebooks FULL of domains

Right on...I used a small audio recorder I carried around with me....got some great names while driving around different cities.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The WARNING sign needs to be bigger, then maybe I would've seen it 7 months ago...

Meridian66

- x ɐ l ǝ ɹ -
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I am totally addicted to COMBINATION SPINNING.

But a great summary!

Marketing Guru

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another great on is Conjugation Spinning: Changing tense, plurality and parts of grammar. For example: Run.com may be taken, so I would try Ran.com, Running.com, Runner.com, Runners.com. (Yes, those are all taken. And no, they're not mine.)

Of course you have to be careful about changing meaning, such as Runs.com. :)

- Marketing Guru

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a cure?
I know having a girlfriend or wife that craves attention, hates the time you spend domaining, but loves the income it produces, is definitely not the cure.

I bought a 4 wheeler the other day, I hope it helps keep me off the drop lists and away from those $10-$50 names.
I can take my mind out of domaining, but I can never take domaining out of my mind.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a cure?
I know having a girlfriend or wife that craves attention, hates the time you spend domaining, but loves the income it produces, is definitely not the cure.

The girl may have to go.

Is there a cure?
I bought a 4 wheeler the other day, I hope it helps keep me off the drop lists and away from those $10-$50 names.
I can take my mind out of domaining, but I can never take domaining out of my mind.

And now a 4-wheeler!? Yep. Looks like the girl has to go.
Unfortunately, I don't know of a cure, or if one even exists.

but I can never take domaining out of my mind.

Possibly, a surgical procedure would work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators