Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New NameDrive Front Office and NDX Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDrive are delighted to announce the launch of NDX Market, a fully-integrated domain trading platform, and a full relaunch of our domain parking front office.

Building on several years' experience of brokering private domain sales totaling several million dollars, NameDrive now gives all of our clients the opportunity to buy and sell domains on a vibrant, innovative, international trading platform: NDX Market.

Domain owners can list domains as best offer or auctions, both with the added option of setting a BuyNow price – offering the chance to set up your own fixed price domain store.

Domain investors can take advantage of Park&Sell listings which show domains' parking earnings for the last 30 days on NameDrive, giving you the opportunity to invest in domains which are proven to make real cash.

In addition to launching a comprehensive aftermarket, NameDrive has also fully revamped the homepage and parking front office.
Since August 2005, NameDrive has been renowned for innovation in domain management and parking options. NameDrive were the first company to provide folder management for domains, next generation parking templates, full IDN functionality, global optimization preview, individual letter capitalization and more.

The new Front Office takes this innovation to the next level with full per-country statistical breakdown and settings, dynamic navigation, advanced analytical tools, on-the-fly optimization, virtual folders and customizable log in screens among several new features.

Make sure you drop by NameDrive.com soon to check out the new features, list your domains on the aftermarket and look into expanding your domain portfolio on NDX Market.

You can find video tutorials and tours on our new Video Tutorial Lounge <a href="http://www.namedrive.com/ndxInfo/vTour?lang=en">here</a>.

We hope you enjoy using the new system as much as we enjoyed building. We'd obviously love to hear any and all feedback. We will continue to make changes and updates over the next couple of weeks, so this is just the beginning.

Ed

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, the main page is completely messed up in Opera 9.23.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Opera, we'll look into it asap, was looking fine this morning.

We obviously tried to look best in every browser, but with 87 different browser versions visiting our site, we had to do the best between looking good on the majority of browsers (Firefox and IE7). We certainly want to offer full support at least 98% of our users and FF, IE and Opera cover that.
We will continue to iron out browser kinks over the next couple of days.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Ftaylor, with 0.10% of our traffic on MSIE 5.5, we might struggle to support it, along with Netscape, but we'll do our best :)

Our system looks best on the browser the majority of our users have, FireFox. I guess that says something about the domaining community.

I hope that the site looks and plays well for the rest of you.

Ed

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a firefox user too, and a web designer. I don't really bother with ie5. I had just done the browser testing to see what was up with opera really. Site looking good!
Posted via Mobile Device

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly, it is Analytics copy, but a good one! Thanks Ed and team for the update!

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... full IDN functionality

WAY ahead of the so called competition, even in the 'early days' ..
You asked, we said, you deployed .. end of.

A few other companies I won't mention by name still don't understand what UTF-8 means!! Insist on using iso-8859-1 if you must, but, a bit late to change it now!

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a issue though.. I emailed support yesterday complaining about the missing "password reset" page. My browser cant find the password field in the new design, so my remembered password was deleted..

Unfortunately you have not included a password recovery option or page in your new design. And support is probably swamped with mails, because I have not received any replies to my inquires.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Castion,

The password reset feature will go up again today, sorry for any inconvenience. I have replied to your PM with your login details.

Ed

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looks better than before. You get more information. Like it.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the swift action Ed..

Shortly after my Email was also replied to and dealt with by a namedrive staff member. Great service :)

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what are the fees? In using Safari, I was not able to see the full fee schedule.

It seems there is a fee for just about everything except buying....is this correct?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Onward,

We will announce the fees after the first free month. I can guarantee you they will be lower than any other aftermarket you are currently using.
Fees are only charged when a domain is sold on NDX Market, there are no fees for listing or buying.

You can see Mister Blogs' post about it here.

Ed

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,
Is there a way to use the old vesion for a time being? Although good-looking, the new one seems a bit slow and also it seems not all of the old functionality is present in the new version yet.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Welkin,

I'm afraid the two versions are not compatible with each other, so we cannot run them side by side. We have set up the new system so that, if you want to use it as the old system, you can still do so.
You can watch this video for a few tips on how to use the new system like the old one.

As far as speed is concerned, we have installed two massive new servers so it should actually be faster than the old system. Could you let me know which area is slow for you?

Some people have commented about the lack of visitor search information compared to the old system. That will be back next week, we just had to temporarily disable it for the new system.
If you have any other problems, I'd be very happy to address them.

Ed

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's the point Ed? Names are valued simply for their clicks and revenue. Having spent all that money in design, why don't you take the lead in creating new metrics for domain valuation. I am sick of this PPC based valuation. As long as it suits the buyer, this will continue. Wanna makes me puke.....

When will this industry grow up?

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

It's good that the visitor search information will be available again. Other things coming to my mind that are not the same: the "remember me" chechkbox actually is not working for me and it worked in the past; I cannot see a way to see the stats by using "last update" and "next day" links for example - it was quite convenient in the old version but I cannot find such links now.
About the speed, it seems better today although I've noticed that the site takes some of my CPU time while I am not doing actually anything.

Welkin

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

We are looking at new metrics for valuing domains, but we run the risk of introducing an arbitrary in-house evaluation model which we personally may have felt made sense but the community didn't adhere to, thus rendering it basically useless. We feel it is necessary to have a fully-functioning aftermarket with historical data to really start building a model which is accurate and can change the market.

It is something which has interested us since 2005 and, now we have a fully integrated aftermarket and the capacity to gather valuable information in this field, we can look at doing more interesting things here. For now, we remain the only major provider to show real earning stats to buy on a well-worn, valid valuation, that of monthly revenue earnings.

Welkin, tech fixed the remember me function last night. On the last update / previous thing the links are gone, but the options are still there in the dropdown above the date.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom