Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

new parking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you guys read the thing about revenue being calculated on a per domain basis? They were not very clear again how the revenue is being calculated again but They were saying something about adjusting Keywords AGAIN..either way..today is the worst day in terms of revenue in a while..man that sucks

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must have missed that message, but wow is my revenue DOWN. A banking domain that consistently averaged .80 a click for about 3 months suddenly dropped to .10 a click...and overall my last 2 days are less than half of normal revenue...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mine's 50% down today. Too much alchemy and there is no rabbit out of the hat!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like SEDO are trimming the revenue as well as the trees this holiday. Perhaps they have some big staff bonuses to cover or they are covering the costs of these SEDO events. Either way, bad news for the domainer.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the problem is that for many domains the layouts that work best are Sedo layouts, they are doing a good job with those, but I just dont understand how Sedo pays 30 cents for US-traffic on keywords that I would have to pay $9 for at Google..

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have any stats to compare that the layouts work out better than other programs.. Would be interesting to see a basis for this, might even move some of my domains over if its a viable choice.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are no overall stats for this really, its on a single domain basis. I noticed that especially for many typo names a well chosen template at sedo gets a high amount of clicks, maybe because people dont have the impression of being on a parked page, the problem now is though that revenue for most of them has fallen by as much as 50% for whatever reason and that Sedo doesnt count multple clicks, so I am actually looking for a good alternative

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
domainah I agree with you 100%.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other programs I use remain somewhat consistant on PPC, and therefore revenue balances out over the year.

Its all very well getting $1 a click for a short period of time and then getting $0.10 the rest of the time, SEDO have mastered the apeasing domainers, and hats off to them for pulling it off, its very much rollercoaster revenue.

Each parking page has a varying PPC, and if the advertiser at the top of the page is not targeted enough for the visitor they will go down the page until it is, the further down they go the less PPC.

Some programs demonstrate what position the click was made at, which to me is a fantastic tool as it offers more transparency and explains why some clicks earn $10 and others earn $0.10 while also showing the GeoLocation of the visitor who made that click which also determines the PPC.

I always assumed that people would click the top link, as they do in search engines but I have been proven wrong.

Not to defend SEDO, but its all about the averages. If the overall average PPC decreases by more than 25% then its time to change the keywords.

Sedo have a lot of good stat tools, but they really can not compare to others who have more transparency.

I have more than 3000 domains on sedo, the same listed on afternic. I use neither for parking and yet I get more offers on AfterNIC than on SEDO. I also get more offers from the Trafficz contact form and WhoIS than from SEDO. Whats more I get commission from AfterNIC every time someone registers to make an offer; its a win win situation.

SEDO dont appear to care about the individual, and if that works for them; good luck to them. I prefer programs who offer explanations and back it up with proof to address any of my concerns.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo seems to be: understaffed, cross-cultured (US/Germany/UK) and un-motivated; Namedrive strikes me as the exact opposite.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its more cross cultured than that. SEDO employ many Eastern European staff.

Namedrive have great customer service, but are dogged with connection problems and slow loading pages and not the best domain management tools. Parking pages look fantastic especially the new Portal Style Pages.

Trafficz pages are dull, but seem to be effective, Customer Service is amazing where you get a good few contacts who make it personal to ensure customer satisfaction. Overall PPC is consistant and they disclose the revenue share. They also allow you to negotiate up your share.

AfterNIC sales platform, I do respect however at times a little impersonal, but I do demand perfection. They are also dogged with problems of serving blank pages until the domain is approved into the house parking.

DomainSponsor, well parking revenue is bad, but at times you get a lovely suprise when you get paid $0.10 for a click but earn $10+ if the clicker goes on to buy something.

I dont think any of them are perfect, but some do go above and beyond. I would rather know that my domains are in good hands earning almost identical revenue over all, than have to deal with the crap or lack of response from the Likes of SEDO.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed another drop today in revenue..anyone else?

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand sedo as well. Their revenue style is sinusoidal in nature. When u feel like taking domains out of sedo, the $ per click suddenly increases for me. When it reaches some level and u r happy then slowly day-by-day n inch by inch, it starts to decrease.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Rollercoaster Parking.

SEDO must have some Carnie blood in them.

sedo.jpg

I have this as my desktop Wallpaper to serve as a reminder.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainSponsor, well parking revenue is bad, but at times you get a lovely suprise when you get paid $0.10 for a click but earn $10+ if the clicker goes on to buy something.

DS pages take a week or two to fully optimize, but after that period revenue skyrockets AND remains high.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The decline in revenue appears to be almost every PPC provider serving Google, I also noticed my traffic is way down at Sedo, where I have all my adult domains, what other parking service has decent landing pages and higher revenue?.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am giving Parked another whirl and I am impressed with the results thus far.

Nice Clean landers and they have a image to match just about any keyword. They tell me they have over 2000 relative images.

CTR is impressive and they count Multiple Clicks.. which is a rare.

Most programs do not count further clicks from the same IP even if google pays them for it.. we never see it as it gets filtered out.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice Clean landers and they have a image to match just about any keyword. They tell me they have over 2000 relative images.

Hi NS, I'm considering signing up with parked and testing them out, can you post some landers such as Adult, Loans and Insurance? or anything close, if you dont want them posted, just PM me. Thanks again, your a sweetie..Eva

BTW, is that your baby in the Avatar? or is that you? cute kide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom