Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

new parking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reference to the original message: "Did you guys read the thing about revenue being calculated on a per domain basis?" ,

can someone indicate a source for that info or explain it, would like to know more about it cos i dont understand.

thanks for any help

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On Sedos Website

CPC rates now calculated on a per-domain basis according to the quality of your domain traffic in all countries

In August we announced the beginning of the process of shifting parked traffic over to a new advertiser feed at Google which would allow us to more fairly pay out your parking earnings, adjusting CPC rates on a per-domain basis according to the quality of the traffic received by each individual domain.

To ensure that this change had an overall positive impact on revenue (in particular for those with quality traffic!), we have been carefully testing each new country to ensure that the new feed out-performs the old feed before switching over the traffic from that country. Traffic from most key countries and languages was switched over to the new feed in August and September.

This week we have completed that process and moved the remaining traffic regions over to the new feed. Thus, you may experience some fluctuations in CPC rates on domains which receive most of their traffic from eg, Scandinavia, Italy, Eastern Europe, Africa, parts of Asia and South America, etc. Please rest assured that we have thoroughly tested the effectiveness of the new feed to ensure that it will indeed earn more revenue overall. If your traffic is quality and the advertising keywords you have selected are well matched to what visitors are looking for, then you should see your CPCs increase in the long-term.

If your CPCs decrease on some domains, this means that the traffic to those domains is currently not delivering value to the advertisers. We recommend adjusting your keyword, or switching to a non-targeted 2-click portal page (simply enter “Portal Site” as your keyword). If you have any questions about the changes and their effect on your account, please contact your SedoPro Account Manager.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think thats just a bunch of nonsense Sedo is saying again..they did something to the parking system, but they really dont want to say what, because if they do someone could figure out how to create contstant revenue.. that info they give us there is useless because before they paid little for traffic from strange countries as well, and other rates for US traffic, so that whole "traffic from all countries" sounds like something they are saying to avoid saying what they really changed, because I have domains that get 99% US traffic and you would think that CPCs are consistent for keywords, but they are not..many clicks are not counted, CPCs drop after a while..I think it would be fair to tell us what changes they are really making..(like delayed google revenue tracking, new filters etc.) instead of playing this secret service game

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The biggest question you should be asking is that if they are only now calculating on a per domain basis (like all other programs), what on earth were they calculating on before.

I see a big hole being dug for themselves with this one.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what they dont realize is that every time they are saying something that is not true they are getting themselves in a lot of potential legal trouble, I understand in a way that they dont wanna say what they are really doing, but then just say, Hey, thats an industry secret, but no, they prefer saying something thats not true but sounds good in order to shut us up. They are German so I dont think they know that in front of a jury news dissemination that is shown to be fake makes them look bad doesnt matter how weak a case is that someone brings to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom