Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Pool Tracking site

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i had some spare time today, so i built a tool to track domain drops and aftermarket sales.

please visit and add new domains or add comments to existing domains.

it's VERY beta so feel free to send comments my way.

Visit TopLevel.org for more info

Android

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the entries and comments so far. the tool is now expanded to include pool, namewinner and afternic sales.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice, suggest you have the successful drop service show up in the results when clicking on name details. Or did I miss it somewhere on page?

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sharpy.... that feature arriving within minutes.... (they are all pool at the moment anyway)

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a good idea. I have added Music-Downloads.net
Goodluck.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea and website. I added two pool.com auctions I lost today.

Last edited:

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bocajohnh
Unless I'm mistaken, pool.com used to let you see the end price of an auction that you did not bid on. I had one end last week which I didn't bid on. After the auction ended, I went back to check the final price and it was not in my auction history section.

Has anyone seen this happen?

History only if you hold the initial $60 bid or bid on the domain at least once through the auction process.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy

History only if you hold the initial $60 bid or bid on the domain at least once through the auction process.

i just dicovered this. so i try to grab an early high bid on stuff i'm curious about, even if i know it's gonna go for $30,000

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy

Yep, I always place a bid on them no matter what... just to see what they close at.

Man, I wanted bedbathbeyond.com...

I bid $3,000 and then $5000, but somebody is willing to pay a lot more than that because they had a higher bid already.
-sorry, just wanted to vent :-(

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by puravida

Yep, I always place a bid on them no matter what... just to see what they close at.

Man, I wanted bedbathbeyond.com...

I bid $3,000 and then $5000, but somebody is willing to pay a lot more than that because they had a higher bid already.
-sorry, just wanted to vent :-(

thats a trademark problem. you're better off without it

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android
thats a trademark problem. you're better off without it

Yeah, but I'm not bound by US laws... I live in Costa Rica. I would transfer the domain outside of any US-based registrar and would not have to deal with it.....

I've won those disputes before... although, not a TM "that" obvious.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great site Charlie - Thanks from all of us - Steve

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are you going to verify that what is being posted is accurate? I see one guy posted that he sold a domain for $200 in October. Nice trick, especially since I was the owner of that domain at the time and sold it several weeks after that for $39. Unless data is verified it is not going to be of much value.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's an experiment, so i'm going to try different things. the information is definately to be taken with a grain of salt, but can serve as a good basic research tool. i'm going to be adding a function to flag suspicious records until they can be verified or deleted.

Android

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android
it's an experiment, so i'm going to try different things. the information is definately to be taken with a grain of salt, but can serve as a good basic research tool. i'm going to be adding a function to flag suspicious records until they can be verified or deleted.

Android

You might consider a line to invite people to report listings they know are false. Have them send you a note with corroborating information. If they have proof, then you will be able to start weeding out posters you know are not giving you reliable information.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by puravida

Yeah, but I'm not bound by US laws... I live in Costa Rica. I would transfer the domain outside of any US-based registrar and would not have to deal with it.....

I've won those disputes before... although, not a TM "that" obvious.

I wasn't aware that it mattered.

Registrars are bound to agreements/contracts..

If you loss a WIPO dispute I didn't think the registrar has final control over it. Doesnt the registry move the domain(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom