Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Pool Tracking site

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

You might consider a line to invite people to report listings they know are false. Have them send you a note with corroborating information. If they have proof, then you will be able to start weeding out posters you know are not giving you reliable information.

thanks for the comments duke. i've added a 'flagging' function. please feel free to test it out by flagging any records you think are incorrect.

android

TopLevel.org

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looking good android! Can you put an edit function in as I reported a sale as 1,050 and of course it showed up as $1 because I had the comma in there. I did leave a coment stating the right price however. No biggy if you can't I won't make the same mistake again lol

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i need to put in better error checking! as i find a few minutes here and there i'm making enhancements.

regarding editing, the system is 'open' right now so there would be nothing to prevent someone from editing someone else's record. so that's going to require some more thought. i'm trying to stay away from 'logins' and 'accounts' for the moment to keep it nice and simple. for now, just add a comment about the error and i'll correct things manually.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
You might consider a line to invite people to report listings they know are false. Have them send you a note with corroborating information. If they have proof, then you will be able to start weeding out posters you know are not giving you reliable information.

Yeah, and I can't remember if I had to register.. I don't think I did. You might consider making people register just so you can validate them. And, so if you find out someone is bogus, you can just delete their entries all at once (after you've fixed it to where other people can't modify existing entries)

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
I wasn't aware that it mattered.

Registrars are bound to agreements/contracts..

If you loss a WIPO dispute I didn't think the registrar has final control over it. Doesnt the registry move the domain(s)?

Hey Steen,

I wrote a long 10-paragraph dissertation on this and then thought... "what does it matter?" :-#
so, I deleted it...

You're probably right... I could probably drag it out, but I don't think I want that headache anyway.

I had some unscrupulous people steal $250,000+ from me before and they had lawyers who lied and cheated and robbed me. I don't think I'd want to stoop to that level --as I have a higher set of values.

So, it's probably better off anyway :eek:k:

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android

i just dicovered this. so i try to grab an early high bid on stuff i'm curious about, even if i know it's gonna go for $30,000

Great idea. I did that on the seven auctions I'm in today. And the key word in your quote is "early". Heck, 20 minutes into the auction and nvv.com is at $1100 and each.com is pushing $800. But at least now I'll have more data for android's site. B-)

John

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by puravida
Yeah, but I'm not bound by US laws... I live in Costa Rica. I would transfer the domain outside of any US-based registrar and would not have to deal with it.....
But you are bound by the UDRP!

http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-policy-24oct99.htm

Doesn't matter where you are. The registrar will comply with any TM decision made. Even if you live on Mars, LOL!

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
The registrar will comply with any TM decision made. Even if you live on Mars, LOL!

:-(

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay Android, I just helped you up to the 99th domain on this site, care to do the honors fro Number 100?

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
added the 108th

woodworking.net at pool

wilco

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

thanks for the comments duke. i've added a 'flagging' function. please feel free to test it out by flagging any records you think are incorrect.

android

TopLevel.org

Good idea - that's an excellent solution!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just added
adulthood.com
bco.net
gfk.net
locating.com
mhy.net
quoted.com
tdy.net
wrl.net

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the data! i know that left column is getting a bit long. i'm going to try to rework it this evening and tomorrow to have only a short list there of the highest priced domains, then add a full listings page and also some search features.

Android

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the data! i know that left column is getting a bit long. i'm going to try to rework it this evening and tomorrow to have only a short list there of the highest priced domains, then add a full listings page and also some search features.

Android

Great Idea on how to manage the long list. Since "we" are in the design phase on this project, I'll suggest some sort orders that might be useful...

Sort descending order by Date purchased
Sort descending order by date added **NEW**
Sort by marketplace - Top three at Pool this week, top 3 at DS this week, top 3 at XXXX this week.

Keep up the good work!

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ya, you're going to want a page dedicated to searches and paginating results in a tabular form showing domain, price, date, market, etc.
Then if they click the domain, it would take them to the details page. Ok, the orders are starting to get tall arent they? :)

OK, here's a small piece of help: I've written alot of financial / stockmarket software in php and the best way to error check your "price" field is to simply use a regex to strip out ALL characters that are not numbers. In this case, you might also want to strip off any "cents" first too. Try using the following code:

$price=preg_replace("/([\.,][0-9]{2})$/","",$price);
$price=preg_replace("/[^0-9\.]/i","",$price);

The first line will strip off "cents" in either english formatting or french (where they use commas in place of dots, and spaces in place of our commas).
The second line will then remove any non-numerical characters.

Cheers and thanks for doing this site... I wanted to do the exact same thing. My theory is that by revealing all of our sale prices, we all can gain the experience from everyone else's sales. Knowledge is power!

Another thought (for way down your list), would probably apply only to private sales, would be to add a few extra fields... Initial Asking Price (if any) & Initial Offer Price. This way we could see patterns on how the Asking price affects the initial offer price, and how the initial offer price compares to the final sale price.

Thanks again for the good work.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom