Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New PPC service SiteParker.com - Check out the landers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I thought it was too goo to be true..... was testing out many names at SP & the results were pretty good.... but then suddenly the last week or so the results have gone way downhill..... tried waiting it out.. but it just keeps getting worse & worse..... so dunno what they've done or anything; but looks like it's time to move my domains out again....

Just check out this graph..... http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/44505/0/sp.gif

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
From $30 to $5. Nice trend.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh... it gets better!!! Yesterday.. my domains apparently had a grand total of $0.00..... all I can say is wow!!!!! :tape:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a crap service and they really do not deserve a discussion thread.

you would make more money selling forrest gump t-shirts at a dog race.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty interesting review and even more interesting is the fact that SiteParker Support did not comment on it

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Due to technical issues, your reports since July 1st may be missing or inaccurate. Our engineers are addressing the issue and corrected data should be posted to your account shortly."

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've moved away a portion of my domains...... but still have a few there until I decide where to move them. That's how I noticed the notice.... by logging in... :p

DoubleClick

.::Piramidé Aficionado::.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a parking service that can pay me anywhere near what it pays me to host them myself and put up a page with AdWords or YPN on them.

I've had parking services report 12 cents per day revenue on domains that immediately make me $5.00-$8.00/day just by changing the DNS and hosting them myself.

I don't trust any of them as far as I can spit. I do however trust Google. Why people park is really beyond me. Why split what some company is already splitting with Google when instead you can split directly with Google? (Or Yahoo).

I think people are basically too lazy to spend a few minutes building and optimizing a page, even if they have so many names they have to put someone on-staff to do it.

Jeez, once you have a template and folder structure with your ad includes laid out, building a "site" takes 10 minutes, and I get paid on the 26th of the month like clockwork, all without having to ask for the payment and be totally in the dark as to what I'm being paid for.

I no longer have to bounce my names all over the Internet from one company to the next when the previous one gets greedy or decides they can't pay the bills and "adjusts" the payments so they can.

.:: DC ::.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sites designed for the sole purpose of adsense is in violation of Googles TOS.. and maybe you do make more in the short term.

However what happens where you to get banned from google? well you would loose your main source of revenue.

Its not laziness developing sites, you have to realise that most serious domainers have thousands of domains and it is more profitable and less risky to park than to just develop junk sites with adsense plastered all over them.

But I do agree with you beyond a doubt that parking can never be honest, and most parking companies are suspect.

Its a trade off at the end of the day.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read this thread, simply saying ... I therefore concluded I will not use siteparker for the time being as they continue to improve their service.

Thanks folks,
em

DoubleClick

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
sites designed for the sole purpose of adsense is in violation of Googles TOS.. and maybe you do make more in the short term.
You are right about that and I also didn't mention that I actually have a custom WordPress install that I use to do this and I set spiders to mine data and make posts.

However, those technically ARE MFA sites, but it's a hard call to make. They're deep, on topic and unique. I showed some to AdSense support and saved the e-mail where they said it was OK, which probably wouldn't save me anyhow if someone decided it wasn't "Ok".

This works for me with just a couple hundred domains but guys with a couple thousand or more, it would be too labor and resource intensive to be viable.

But those big domainers, can't they park directly with Google if they have X number of domains or X amount of daily traffic?

That's better IMO than parking with a service, I don't trust any of them.

nimocks

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DoubleClick said:
You are right about that and I also didn't mention that I actually have a custom WordPress install that I use to do this and I set spiders to mine data and make posts.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to share a few more details on how you do this? I don't mind putting in the time to do it myself rather than leaving it up to a parking site, and automating the content creation, while still creating sites that don't get banned, sounds VERY appealing...

DoubleClick

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's your response and it's assuming you have some technical capabilities. I have a lot of clients and I don't have time to go into a lot of further details on a one-on-one basis.

• Go to http://wordpress.org and download wordpress.
  • Set up ONE database. This is for all of your sites. Change wp-config.php to the info for this database.
  • Whenever you set up a new site, use the same wp-config.php and just change the table prefix in the file to something unique.
  • Go to http://www.alexking.org/software/wordpress/theme_browser.php and pick a theme that you can live with for quite a while. Pick a simple theme that you like the layout of, stylesheet etc and has room for your advertising and uses only a couple images like maybe a header image and table image or something.
  • Install wordpress.
  • Upload the theme. Browse to the theme and CHMOD everything to 777
  • Change the 2 (or however many) images to match your domain. (Hopefully, you didn't pick a theme that uses 47 images ... did you?)
  • Always check your newly installed theme in IE and NS before deciding to keep it.

The plugins you will absolutely need are:
  • Head meta content
  • Update Pinger
  • Google Sitemaps
  • Auto blog content

Now:
  • Activate the plugins except the sitemap plugin.
  • Modify the meta area in header.php to accommodate the Head Meta Plugin.
  • Modify the index.php (main blog page) to include your ad tables, I use .php includes for everything. I put the ads between the title content and the post content for the top and below the post content and before "end post" for the bottom. **If you run more than one post per page, but the ad table in the top area of the footer! **
  • Comment out or drop the "comments" code unless you want to manage a whole bunch of auto-spam content.
  • Edit the sidebar. Comment or pull out the "get links" code unless you want to update an individual blogroll for each site.
  • Put a Google tower ad or whatever in there.
  • Put in a php include that you will use for all of your sites (the same file, can be anywhere on any site), and make a link list to all of your sites. If you have a LOT of sites, break it into 10 random rolling includes or whatever you feel is appropriate.
  • Comment out or drop the "meta" area in the sidebar.

Set up the admin.
  • No new users can register.
  • Uses must be logged in to comment. That takes care of your robot spammers.
  • Set up your ping list in the update pinger manager.
  • Set up the default category and get rid of the default post or re-name, re-type and change the "post slug"
  • Upload an .htaccess file and CHMOD it to 777
  • Update the permalinks. I always just use "Optional" and type %postname% into the field.
    Set up the rest of the admin.
  • Upload 2 blank notepad files to root. Rename one to sitemap.xml and rename one to sitemap.xml.gz. CHMOD both to 777.
  • Set your spider to go get a few (5) posts. Set it to update them every 4 days (or whatever you want).
  • Get the posts, check them for anything you don't like and post them on today's date, or last month, the month before, etc..

Now you have posts, structure, pages and archives. Check them, layout etc.
    If everything checks out:
  • Activate the sitemaps plugin.
  • Generate the sitemap, it will automatically now and forever update itself and notify Google with a ping on every new post.
  • Go spider a hundred or so new posts, set them to update every 4 days and you have a years + worth of new posts.
  • Alternatively, you can BUY sites with hundreds of relevant pages already and use that text instead, just make all of your posts and set them to the future.

Everything looks great?
  • Download the entire folder /wp-content/ into a folder called new-wordpress-theme or something.
  • Download .htaccess, sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz and empty them (or just make new, empty ones).
  • immediately change the downloaded wp-config.php to replace the table prefix, put in "####_" or something so there are NO future accidents!
  • Use default wordpress to install next site.
  • Change the table prefix in the newly uploaded wp-config.php
  • CHMOD .htaccess and the 2 sitemap files to 777
  • Upload the modified wp-content folder. Browes to your theme and CHMOD everything in the folder to 777.
  • Change the theme images to match the new site.
  • Set up the admin and check the site.
  • Spider posts
  • Add this site to your rolling sidebar include file for all sites, wherever you put it.

A couple of points:

This is not all inclusive and I may have even left out something important, but I don't think so. I do a lot more to my sites, but this will get you started if you have any tech in you. If you don't, I'm not too good at training green newbies. By trade, I work with people who are already real webmasters with skill sets and who need advancement of their skills, techniques and existing Internet business advancement.

You will develop your own "exact" way of doing things eventually, and that's what's easiest and fastest for you ... and what works.

Blogs are real sites and they do well rank wise, especially with the head-meta plugin, bring new fresh traffic, spread around robots and click well.

1 domain, 1 blog. NOT sub1.blogdomain.com, sub2.blogdomain.com, sub3.blogdomain.com, etc..

If you have a quick technical question, I'll answer you, just post it.

Good luck,

alojah

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DobleClick - can you give us a sample of what one of your customized pages looks like? Would love to see a finished product to see if the work involved is worth it.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me about SiteParker, good or bad?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Preoccupy said:
Can anyone please tell me about SiteParker, good or bad?

I believe this whole thread tells yo about them, no!?

DoubleClick

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alojah said:
DobleClick - can you give us a sample of what one of your customized pages looks like? Would love to see a finished product to see if the work involved is worth it.

No, I won't post 'em in public, but I'll PM you a few. Remember, I code so it's just natural for me to want to modify things :)

The thing to notice with them is that they are all the same templates with only image changes. Click some post titles and look at the URL. Then view the source code and look at the description tag ;) That is the head-meta plug in at work.

I actually have a setup that has all the includes, subscribe me and everything in them, + no comments or outside links to sites I don't own, and I can build one in about 10 minutes.

Tip: Search for drops that have some listings. Go to wayback and see what they were. Register them for the $6.95 thing at GoDaddy. Make a blog about whatever the site was originally. Get paid.

Whatever you do on the Internet now days to make money is going to have work involved, how hard it is is up to you...

SiteParker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Thanks for all of the responses/comments/feedback (even the piling on...!).

A few items:
  • Data - as I had mentioned to many of you, the SiteParker has grown much faster than we anticipated. Clearly there's a need for better solutions than are currently in the marketplace and we hope to be that solution. As a result of the growth, we had a data slowdown over the past weekend, and are adding new hardware this evening. Both events were noted on the Member home page after logging in.
  • Payments - payments are made around the 10th of the month. With the long holiday weekend, it added a little extra time this month for us to get everything closed out. We know the domain space has some questionable characters, but we operate a number of real businesses, have been around for years, and pay our bills. Period.
  • I would also caution folks against looking at data out of context. Optimization of KWs, Templates and domains takes time and effort. We're not a Make a Quick Buck Shop. We're here for the long haul.

Kind regards, and keep the feedback coming,
SiteParker Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom