Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New spammer - "Daphne" [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Daphne is still pulling her shit, and godaddy is hosting her/it :upset:

"Hi,

We would like to purchase your domain xxxxx.com Please express us your interest in selling the name.Kindly reply to this email with your selling price and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Daphne Smith"

i have complained to [email protected]

lets see if they act

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently not, she is still kickin!

D

Deleted member 111831

I got an email from them and a Google search led me here.

I don't understand what the spam is. They contacted me on a name that isn't worth a great deal of money (low xxx maybe).

Are they going to ask me to have it appraised or what?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Just trying to buy some good names for cheap.
I got a few emails from her/him in July.

Since when is that spam? And why would GoDaddy ban them for this?

I do it all the time. Who doesn't want to buy good names on the cheap...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They get a list of domains A to Z then mass-email the owners with the same pseudo-inquiry email. They have no particular interest in a domain, only the ones that would be sold for peanuts.

D

Deleted member 111831

They get a list of domains A to Z then mass-email the owners with the same pseudo-inquiry email. They have no particular interest in a domain, only the ones that would be sold for peanuts.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't mind them emailing me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Most of us do mind, especially when they don't stop emailing us per our requests.

D

Deleted member 111831

Most of us do mind, especially when they don't stop emailing us per our requests.

Maybe you should get a better email client. In Gmail I can Report Spam and if that doesn't work I can setup a custom filter to automatically delete messages from a particular sender. Total time invested, about 30 seconds.

I disagree this is spam and don't see any reason why GoDaddy should do anything about it, so long as each message is an earnest attempt to buy a domain name. They shouldn't need to be offering end user prices to be able to send the messages.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You have some warped logic there, PokerPie. So you're saying it's ok to harvest emails from the WHOIS and mass-contact them with the same boilerplate email just to gauge a response. But feel free to post your email here in the thread so that it gets picked up from those morons then, if you condone that practice so much. Judging from previous posts I don't think you take domaining that seriously.

D

Deleted member 111831

So long as they are genuinely trying to buy domains, yes. I don't see the problem.

If they were harvesting emails in that fashion for any other reason I would consider it spam

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

fwiw I replied and got a response within minutes, so it appears they are genuine. There is no such thing as a lowball offer on the domain they are asking about so ya, I don't consider this spammy or unwanted at all.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PokerPie, they are as genuine as a colostomy opening. Trying to justify an obvious spamming practice sounds very bizarre. But you already said you'd do the same, so that answers my question.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should get a better email client. In Gmail I can Report Spam and if that doesn't work I can setup a custom filter to automatically delete messages from a particular sender. Total time invested, about 30 seconds.

I disagree this is spam and don't see any reason why GoDaddy should do anything about it, so long as each message is an earnest attempt to buy a domain name. They shouldn't need to be offering end user prices to be able to send the messages.

So you're using the same logic that car thieves use... "the victim MUST have wanted to have their car stolen because they didn't buy a lojack gps or one of those club devices for the car".

You would have to be a total idiot to use a spam filter on a business account, since all of them block emails from legit clients and will cost you huge losses in sales.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This person is one of about 6 that spam constantly with the same things over and over.

Daphne
Allen
Kristen

Will have to find the others. We get 4-5 a week from each person. I have them flagged so they are automatically sent to spam.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I decided to summarize my thoughts in a post.

D

Deleted member 111831

My last email to them bounced so maybe GoDaddy shut them down.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

You would have to be a total idiot to use a spam filter on a business account, since all of them block emails from legit clients and will cost you huge losses in sales.

I used domain-based Gmail and do not have this problem. I regularly scan my spam folder but nothing from actual people ever gets sent there.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I decided to summarize my thoughts in a post

Wiki doesn't think it is spamming either because it isn't indiscriminate. They are only emailing people with domains they want to buy.

Your problem is that the prices that want to buy at are too low for you, so you call it spam. It isn't spam, it is just mass-scale lowballing.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

What about the people who send us $100 offers via Sedo for $10,000 domains. Are they spamming too? The only difference between that and this is the use of technology to send out a large volume of offers in a short period of time.

Again, I see nothing wrong with it. So long as the offers are genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom