Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New sub-forum please

Status
Not open for further replies.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of people who, for one reason or another, do not want to give complete info about a domain in public. Could we have a sub-forum in domain sales for these ?

Anyone not wanting to deal under these conditions can simply stay out of the forum.

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
croupier said:
There's a lot of people who, for one reason or another, do not want to give complete info about a domain in public. Could we have a sub-forum in domain sales for these ?

Anyone not wanting to deal under these conditions can simply stay out of the forum.

What would you like to call it and what description do you want for it?

-=DCG=-

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't realise I was making work for myself :)

How's this?

PRIVATE DOMAIN SALES
This forum is for the sale of domains or websites where the seller does not want to publicly post complete information about the domain name, traffic, and/or revenue.

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is this one already.

Check "Private Sales"

Regards

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's just in the exclusives forum and I assumed it went by the normal rules of the other sales forums (domain in title, link to stats etc)

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not really
I do not think title is necessary in that section

But if it is, maybe adam can give acess to platinum users too plus without title the thread should be allowed in that rather then having a new section with the same thing.

Regards

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain name in title is mandatory, for many reasons, including selling hijacked domains, etc. In Private Sales you need to post the domain too, it's just private because its only viewable by Exclusives.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain name in title is mandatory, for many reasons, including selling hijacked domains, etc

Maybe my idea would cause more trouble than it's worth - your call

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited, reply was to above which is edited

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF isn't making any money with someone selling a name to another user. You either follow the rules or do not post your name for sale. For those who do not want to give information regarding their domain, there is a secret section called Private Messaging.

Not sure why anyone would not want to list the name. I think it is a good idea to have the name listed in the auction. This saves bandwidth of users PM other's and get a response saying they are selling askdjasdkjaslkdjasdlk .net.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% with the domain in title. There was too many PM me URL sales and I think that's just a waste of time and opens up scammer possibilities. It was a good decision by admins here.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]I agree 100% with the domain in title. There was too many PM me URL sales and I think that's just a waste of time and opens up scammer possibilities
The waste of time aspect is why I suggested the forum, it would mean you could ignore the forum completely while others who were willing to jump thru hoops for the seller could check out sales that might not normaly be posted under the current rules for sales forums.

The scammer possibilities almost certainly make it a bad idea though.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The main reason that threads that don't list the domain name are not allowed, is because of the "bump" factor via "PM me the name" and "me too!" spam messages! I've never bought a domain I didn't know its name from the start (either in the thread title or in the thread itself as part of a larger sale).

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad suggestion croupier, I just think the negatives outweigh the positives, as others have pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom