Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Tactic to Refuse .INFO Transfer-outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thewitt indicated “OpenSRS displays the auth code on request in the doman control panel. You don't need to ask or have anyone email you anything.”

Thank you for the info Thewitt. My situation is that NONE of the 20 or so registrars that I deal with have a control panel displaying the auth code. In addition, I do not even know if any are OpenSRS. Please post exactly which registrar you are referring to (that displays auth code in the control panel). In that way, others can also comment if using the code you are mentioning has worked for transfers.
Thanks in advance.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man... I think .info has potential, but this stuff wears thin.

One of my registrations has a registrar's e-mail address inserted instead of mine. I hope it works OK for transfer. If not, they will not be hearing from a happy Ned Flanders! (Don't forget that one Simpsons episode when Ned Flanders turned out to be the devil... the one you would last expect! :evil: )

Thanks again William9!

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I hope otherwise, a transfer that you are not able to receive E-mail on will fail. I recommend that rather than use Ned Flanders, work on changing the e-mail address in whois to Domebase. If you cannot find a way in the registrars control panel, E-mail the registrar. In addition, I recommend that you do not attempt to transfer all the domains away from one registrar at one. Do 1 (one), it will probably take a couple of months – maybe less now that you have some pointers. Once you have that registrars system down, do the remaining 20 domains with that registrar.

Finally, consider doing the hardest transfers first. I would rather not list them here but what others are indicating about .com registrars transfers are a strong indication. By timing it that way, you have the best chance of completing some of the transfers before the September 2003 .INFO renewal.

Good luck.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good advice William9. I will pursue it.

Just to clarify, I was referring to Ned Flanders figuratively. I do not play games nor use aliases in my WHOIS submissions :) I just list my real name and address etc. One registrar) among the many I used for LandRush 1) inserted their e-mail address. I will try to change that. Thanks again old buddy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom