Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Weekly Domain Sales Report from DNJournal.com: ccTLDs Continue Recent Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. For the first time since early February, no six-figure domain sales were reported this week. There were however hundreds of four and five figure sales, the price range favored by the small to medium sized business end users that are the most active buyers in today's aftermarket.

Our new Top 20 Chart includes 13 .coms, 5 country codes and a pair of non .com global TLDs (a category that had been shut out the past two weeks). An ongoing story is the continued strength of the ccTLDs. The first ten names on our Country Code Top 20 all cracked the five-figure mark. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron!

LV1.com $48,000 not bad :D

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who sells 988.com for 2000 and where was i ?

Is this a mistake?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, amazing.

988.com just went for 2000?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who sells 988.com for 2000 and where was i ?

Is this a mistake?

Thanks for catching that! Name that sold was 0988.com
The problem was when the name was entered into the Excel database, the cell it was pasted into was not formatted correctly (set for General rather than Text) and Excel drops leading zeros in that case. Change has been made in the report.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now repaired to 0988.com
Probably Excel error who automatically changes 0988 to just 988

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay great. Nice to see it was an error and not a real sale ;)

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for catching that! Name that sold was 0988.com
The problem was when the name was entered into the Excel database, the cell it was pasted into was not formatted correctly (set for General rather than Text) and Excel drops leading zeros in that case. Change has been made in the report.

I see. In that case, the seller made a good sale.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Ron for the list as usual. It serves not only as an indicator of sales but also as an inspiration for improved sales. My strategy with sales is a) keep any new acquisitions for at least a year to maximize tax benefits b) maximize ROI by not submitting to lowball offers. Ask and you shall receive. :D

Can anyone guess what was the purchase cost of decalstudio.com ? :D

Luke

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice .me sales :)

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My $30 excluded the transfer to Enom.

Hehe thanks Acro ! :first:

Last edited:

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is AlMeethaq.net appearing there for $14,005.
So just wanted to point this out, obviously people wouldn't just pay that much for a domain like that on a godaddy auction, the only reason for the high price is it was a site and had a PR8, now down to pr6 after recent update

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So just wanted to point this out, obviously people wouldn't just pay that much for a domain like that on a godaddy auction, the only reason for the high price is it was a site and had a PR8, now down to pr6 after recent update

Good point! Too bad that important point was not included with the story. Until you posted the REAL story, I thought the domain alone sold for $14,005. If true, it's a sad commentary on the state of domain journalism.

That's like selling a bucket full of diamonds for a million bucks, then writing a story in a bucket trade magazine about how the bucket sold for a million bucks (with no mention of the diamonds), while the author of the story owns a garage full of buckets.

Bend over domainers, there's always someone in this business willing to stick it in and break it off.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Is the site currently on AlMeethaq.net the one that was there when this sale was made or has the new owner put up a new site? If a domain does not have an active site when it is sold (which is the case the vast majority of the time), or if the new owner junks previous content and uses the domain for a new site those sales qualify for our lists. We ask all of the sales venues to follow those guidelines and report only domain sales, not sales of existing websites. I checked Archive.org and the last active page they list on that domain is dated October 2007, indicating there has not been an active site there since then and the time the domain changed hands.

If it is determined that this is a website sale it is not eligible for our list and will be removed. I have sent GoDaddy Auctions an email asking them if that was the case.

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron for the list as usual. It serves not only as an indicator of sales but also as an inspiration for improved sales. My strategy with sales is a) keep any new acquisitions for at least a year to maximize tax benefits b) maximize ROI by not submitting to lowball offers. Ask and you shall receive. :D

Can anyone guess what was the purchase cost of decalstudio.com ? :D

Bravo Theo!!

How do you do it re???..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom