Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Weekly Domain Sales Report from DNJournal.com: ccTLDs Continue Recent Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the site currently on AlMeethaq.net the one that was there when this sale was made or has the new owner put up a new site? If a domain does not have an active site when it is sold (which is the case the vast majority of the time), or if the new owner junks previous content and uses the domain for a new site those sales qualify for our lists. We ask all of the sales venues to follow those guidelines and report only domain sales, not sales of existing websites. I checked Archive.org and the last active page they list on that domain is dated October 2007, indicating there has not been an active site there since then and the time the domain changed hands.

If it is determined that this is a website sale it is not eligible for our list and will be removed. I have sent GoDaddy Auctions an email asking them if that was the case.

To update you on this, I heard back from GoDaddy Auctions this morning. They said the previous owners of this domain let it expire so the new owner received a domain name only, and put a new website on that domain, just as we surmised. As has been the case since we started reporting aftermarket sales in 2003, that meets the requirements for inclusion on our sales charts and it will stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom