Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Newbie from Ireland with a question about parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm on GoDaddy, dcristo. I guessed I couldn't park on more than one. It must be the way I read Biggedon's message. :)

I was saying that you could "apply" and "list" your domains in/at all of the ppc services and change your Name Servers to any of them, at any time you wish, once accepted.

This way you could "test" each one's performance against the other.

I suggest you list all you names with Sedo first, as they basically accept instantly. At least they will be listed in their database, and would available for viewing by prospective buyers.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Biggedon. :)

Is this how traffic is generated? So if you decided to develop a website from the name, you would just change the pointing at that stage, or is there something more formal to go through?

And have I got the right idea of pointing, that it's changing the DNS number to suit the site the name will be at? My goodness, this is a whole new language for me.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to develop the website yourself, you'll need to host it somewhere and thus the two nameservers you set will need to reflect your hosting company.

However, if you have signed up to a parking company, you need to go into your registrar's control panel and change the DNS; for example:

For NameDrive:

NS1.FASTPARK.NET
NS2.FASTPARK.NET

Or, (if I remember correctly) another example (Sedo) would be:

NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

Etc.

DDC_Cyn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this how traffic is generated?

Traffic has to come to your site naturally, so either people type it in or it's picked up on search engines usually because someone owned it before you did and was using the name. This is the tricky part of parking. If you have a brand new made up name that no one would type - SlimyGreenApples.com - let's say, it's unlikely it will get much traffic / revenue from being parked. In that case you'd be better off developing it with adsense yourself in hopes of attracting Slimy Green Apple lovers everywhere!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget also to stay well clear of 'paid traffic'. So many pitfalls with this subject.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DDC and Dale.

So, since my names have never been used by anyone before, there is no point in parking them? Are the ads GoDaddy has on the pages at the moment the type of adsense thing you mean, DDC?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have no hosting, park them up -- at least you'll get an idea of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom