Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Newbie with a couple basic Domain questions

Osirisxx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first thanks for taking the time to read this.

1. When someone purchases a backorder on a domain that will be expiring soon and they are able to acquire it, does the domain get deleted before getting put in my name? Just wondering if i will end up with a domain with the age of 1 day or a domain of lets say 5 years if that was the case.

2. What is the basic method of transferring a domain to a buyer after a price has been established, do you typically pay the yearly Go-daddy transfer fee and send it to them at there preferred registar or is it more common to simply change the name on the Go-daddy account and let them take ownership of the Go-daddy account and they change the name on the website? (This example assumes Go-daddy is the current holder of the domain)

I hope i did a decent job of explaining my questions so they can be understood :)

Much appreciated ~!

Dushan Savich

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) The domain gets deleted, if you catch it you end up with a 1 day old domain.
2) Ask the customer to open an account with godaddy and then push the domain to his account. Note that if you are selling deleted domains you have to wait for 60days to pass (ICANN regulation) before transferring out to another registrar. You should make this clear to the customer and paste him a link of the regulation to avoid any misunderstanding.

Osirisxx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's strange that for backorders they'd let it delete before giving it to the winner, i assumed it was same as expiring auctions where they'd just transfer to the new owner and it retains age.

Thanks for info,
Chris

Dushan Savich

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it makes sense that the domain be released back in to free-to-register status because this prevents eventual cherry picking by registrars what gets to delete and what not.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom