Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

newzpile.com - sale frauded by a scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kailash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Following this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=122725&highlight=newzpile.com

(PS: This might not be the appropriate forum, but this is very important!)

This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me !

I listed my website newzpile.com for sale here on 27/11/2005
Yesterday, mattmdesign posts that he has been scammed by me. He claims that I sold newzpile.com to him and he paid me over PayPal and then I vanished.

I was totally dumbfounded hearing this. When I got in touch with mattmdesign , he said that someone with the email id [email protected] talked to him over Google Talk and he made the payment to the same address (PayPal).

I was really startled to hear this. The scammer, whoever he is, created the email id [email protected] and pulled of the scam. Someone disguised as me, the Real "Kailash Nadh" successfully convinces the buyer and sells MY site to him ! I have no idea how much mattmdesign paid the scammer.

Buyers, PLEASE verify the seller's identity before any purchases. And I hope PayPal resolves this problem and everything goes well for mattmdesign

Has this happened to anyone before? I would appreciate your views and comments.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fun stuff.

this should be moved to legal...

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow, maybe time to use escrow on every transaction.

kailash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep. But I have nothing to do with this transaction. Somebody posing as me sold my site to somebody else !

Weird.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kailash it's bad to see that this kind of stupid things happen.
This kind of fraud happened to me before, A kid copied all the domain names in my thread :) and posted for sale in another forum !
I don't know who as you has done this transaction.

How is that mattmdesign did'nt used PM system and Chatsystem in here and crossed over to GoogleTalk.
I think it is safe if we chat on NP chat and communicate via PM system here, so both parties will have proof of what they BLAH BLAH!!

May be you ask mattmdesign his chatlog with the scammer, any emails from him etc.

I understand your stress though, why this BLAH! you are not part of the play at all, you are just Used and somebody Roleplayed you.

From now on I advise you to post in your sale thread that communication will only be on DNForum system.

Regards,
NT.

M

mattmdesign

Actually, I bought the site a couple of hours before it was listed here. I'm still waiting for Kailash to reply to my PM asking for a link to somewhere else that he listed it before listing it here. I tried searching the other sites that he said he listed it on and turned up no results. If he can't provide a link to an earlier listing then it is extemely unlikely that it was anyone other than him that scammed me. I see that he read my PM more than 24 hours ago so I'm not sure why he hasn't replied yet.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kailash said:
Following this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=122725&highlight=newzpile.com

(PS: This might not be the appropriate forum, but this is very important!)

This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me !

I listed my website newzpile.com for sale here on 27/11/2005
Yesterday, mattmdesign posts that he has been scammed by me. He claims that I sold newzpile.com to him and he paid me over PayPal and then I vanished.

I was totally dumbfounded hearing this. When I got in touch with mattmdesign , he said that someone with the email id [email protected] talked to him over Google Talk and he made the payment to the same address (PayPal).

I was really startled to hear this. The scammer, whoever he is, created the email id [email protected] and pulled of the scam. Someone disguised as me, the Real "Kailash Nadh" successfully convinces the buyer and sells MY site to him ! I have no idea how much mattmdesign paid the scammer.

Buyers, PLEASE verify the seller's identity before any purchases. And I hope PayPal resolves this problem and everything goes well for mattmdesign

Has this happened to anyone before? I would appreciate your views and comments.
SAME exact thing happened to me, and i was given a ban, except in my case, the person even managed to send a pm via my dnforum account, and no i am not saying any of this sarcastically, ive changed all my passwords since then, but i still cant figure how this happened. The e-mail address they used was a typo of my own.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmkrulz said:
SAME exact thing happened to me, and i was given a ban, except in my case, the person even managed to send a pm via my dnforum account, and no i am not saying any of this sarcastically, ive changed all my passwords since then, but i still cant figure how this happened. The e-mail address they used was a typo of my own.

really ???

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone actually reading this thread proper - if the buyer was scammed before the site was even listed for sale here, how did the scammer know it would even be listed for sale?

On the other hand, how did the scammer happen to PM the buyer, and the buyer ended up buying the site? It's like choosing an person to msg at random and asking them to buy a site, the site would never be sold.

mattmdesign said:
Actually, I bought the site a couple of hours before it was listed here. I'm still waiting for Kailash to reply to my PM asking for a link to somewhere else that he listed it before listing it here. I tried searching the other sites that he said he listed it on and turned up no results. If he can't provide a link to an earlier listing then it is extemely unlikely that it was anyone other than him that scammed me. I see that he read my PM more than 24 hours ago so I'm not sure why he hasn't replied yet.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
Is anyone actually reading this thread proper - if the buyer was scammed before the site was even listed for sale here, how did the scammer know it would even be listed for sale?

On the other hand, how did the scammer happen to PM the buyer, and the buyer ended up buying the site? It's like choosing an person to msg at random and asking them to buy a site, the site would never be sold.

The way I read it , the deal was done on google talk , not by PM here , he saw the site for sale somewhere else.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe it all happened in the future. Once, I rode a wormhole down back to 1984. Of course, I returned once I was sober again.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting to read this.

What is stopping anyone from creating a false identity on one of the minor forums.

Then, pasting acroplex's domain for sale (just as an example) on that forum
- marking it "for quick sale".

Maybe, selling 'domain.org' for $ 100. Payment thru a quickly created Paypal acct.

Once, the money shows up. They immediately spend it. Then, the buyer doesn't
get the name. The money isn't in the paypal acct.

If you ever see any of my names for sale other than at DNF. I would suggest
you contact me directly to verify.

I believe we need to be more cautious in our dealings. We need to know who
we are dealing with.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I would also say all payment info should be exchanged via dnforum PM system and have the person on chat change some info on the domain whois to make sure he has control over the domain.

A buyer once asked me, how can you assure me you are cwsteam.com !! I was talking to Lee, so I immdiately went into my enom account for the domain he wanted to buy, and change the Registrant name to: Lee is looking to buy this domain !! and then Lee immediately payed. Was funny, but it works.

M

mattmdesign

BLazeD said:

This is exactly why I haven't ruled out Kailash as the scammer. He says he listed it somewhere else before listing it here which would explain how the scammer knew it was for sale, but I can't find anywhere else that it was listed. He said he thought he posted it in chat here on Dnforum, is there anyway to check the chat logs? The scammer instant messaged me after seeing me post in sales threads. They were also trying to sell me pingoat.com which Kailash also owns, but fortunately I couldn't afford it.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How much did you buy it for?

Where did you buy this? Also call paypal up and find the scammers name number and adress. Get his ip adress.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cwsteam.com said:
Wow, I would also say all payment info should be exchanged via dnforum PM system and have the person on chat change some info on the domain whois to make sure he has control over the domain.

A buyer once asked me, how can you assure me you are cwsteam.com !! I was talking to Lee, so I immdiately went into my enom account for the domain he wanted to buy, and change the Registrant name to: Lee is looking to buy this domain !! and then Lee immediately payed. Was funny, but it works.

This is a great idea, it is funny, but great. Once the buyer sees it, take a screenshot then, the deal the deal. Thanx for this one..

kailash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WOW! Selling Pingoat.com - amazing!
I would love talking to the scammer. Great scams!

Matt, I am pretty sure that I had posted on the chatrooms here. I hope the mods/admins do keep a copy of the chat logs.

Anyway, how much did you pay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom