Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Next PageRank update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wondered if anyone had any inside information, predictions, premonitions, or precognitive dreams about when the next PageRank update might be? Surely there is one due any day now?... :huh:

Domain Days 2024

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr.Domains said:
I just wondered if anyone had any inside information, predictions, premonitions, or precognitive dreams about when the next PageRank update might be? Surely there is one due any day now?... :huh:
yes.. any day now -- or something like that. :cheeky:

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last PR update i note down is 24 of June. It should be anywhere during this month(hoprfully, im curious about mine too) :)

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when it updates its normally towards the end of a month, i would say its either this month or next

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two and a half weeks later, we're nearing the end of the month, and still no sign of the long awaited Google dance! When's it going to happen!?!

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing HUGE changes in some datacenters, I mean HUGE changes... I have not seen toolbar PageRank changes yet though.

If you guys are so anxious, find a google datacenter watch tool and you will see a glimpse of the future ;) and possibly be able to figure out what your going to move up/down to as far as PageRank.

alien

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Coming soon..

Rick Latona

Workaholic
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blarian said:
I'm seeing HUGE changes in some datacenters, I mean HUGE changes... I have not seen toolbar PageRank changes yet though.

If you guys are so anxious, find a google datacenter watch tool and you will see a glimpse of the future ;) and possibly be able to figure out what your going to move up/down to as far as PageRank.

This is an interesting comment. What does a Google data center watch tool tell you and how is that information useful?

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Latona said:
This is an interesting comment. What does a Google data center watch tool tell you and how is that information useful?

Ok, I'll try to explain this in an easy to understand way. Think of it like this...

When you go to www.google.com, depending on your location you are redirected to a certain "datacenter" (the word I'll use for this example) in your country (aka - a special IP address.)

In the U.S. there are multiple (xx) Google IPs/datacenters/whatever you want to call thems.

So if you live in California you would go to datacenter X, whereas if you were in New York, you you would go to datacenter Y. And usually 15+ datacenters inbetween.

Now, the interesting part comes in when they are having a pagerank, backlink or similiar "update"... all these datacenters update at different times, and most importantly different results. Until they are completely settled all these datacenters will usually show different results. Some higher than the ending outcome, some lower. If you use a watch tool, you will see that the majority of the datacenters or IPs are doing different results with your domain, this can be helpful in determing what your future results/pagerank may look like. It takes a really good(experienced) eye to guess accurately sometimes.

This is just one of the things the average person wouldn't know, that someone that deals with these thing day in and day out would have knowledge of. In fact, when you hear the phrase "Google Dance" this is partially the reasoning behind why Google is "dancing" with your results/pageranks, because the datacenters are "fighting" in a way to push a certain result global over all the IPs. It becomes very predictable after a while if you are studying one domain and you can get a lot of knowledge.

One nice tool is www.mcdar.net, but without a certain professional reading it, I wouldn't go planning the future off of what mcdar might show you.

In other words, they give you a good quess at what will happen with a domain in the future. But again, you need to know how to read them accurately. It could be useful if you were planning to buy someones website, and you looked at this to see that it was probably moving down in rank, you might change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom