Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Nice Parking Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Perfect Parked Domain Name
This article caught my eye, thought I would share it.
Domain name brings value to advertisers — and money in my pocket.

A couple months ago I bought a generic expired domain name related to summer camps. It doesn’t get much traffic. But on May 5th my preliminary traffic report at my parking company showed the domain got 21 clicks from one visitor. I assumed it was a bot, but when the stats were finalized it turns out the visitor was legit and generated $12.11 in revenue for me.

I went to look at the domain name and it became apparent why this visitor generated so much revenue. The landing page was a one-click lander, meaning it had ads directly on the first page the visitor saw. Every single ad was for a particular summer camp. And thanks to geo-targeting technology, some of those ads were for camps in the vicinity of the visitor. The parked page basically acted as a directory of summer camps for the visitor.

Month-to-date this domain officially has an RPM of $507.81. But all of the clicks and revenue came from just 2 of the 32 visitors. Over the weekend another visitor stopped by, clicked on multiple ads, and deposited $4.14 into my account.

This clearly isn’t a story about getting rich from a domain name. It has earned less than $20 this month. But it shows how the right generic domain and well targeted ads can add value to visitors — and the domain owner.
http://domainnamewire.com/2009/05/18/the-perfect-parked-domain-name/

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i'm not trying to put down what/where you read dn news but...

that article is not something we don't already know or haven't already shared with members in one form or another.

i and others have frequently posted generic two, three and four word domains for sale or appraisal, that get as much as $8.00 per click.

and i haven't got one reply or pm saying "that caught my eye"

:rolleyes:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some things that are obvious and straight forward are our best sources of information. There are lots of valuable information posted here that goes without credit. That doesn't mean it doesn't have value.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some things that are obvious and straight forward are our best sources of information. There are lots of valuable information posted here that goes without credit. That doesn't mean it doesn't have value.

maybe

but most times people find stuff that you're trying to hide and totally miss it when placed out in the open. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom