Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Niche website advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I created a niche 1 page website about 1.5 months ago and have been getting roughly 60-90 uniques per day (ranked for 57 phrases). Does this constitute a success? I'm currently switching it over from a bland and static webpage to a sharp WP theme. I haven't had much success monetizing it yet (just .10-.30 per day with infolinks) but am switching to an affiliate type system which further branches out by way of blogging.

Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

-Shane

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are you using adsense, if not, why?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not. The amount of traffic I'm generating wouldn't make it worth while. I feel that direct advertising and affiliate marketing would prove to be the most efficient method. Would you agree?

vzanda

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do suggest putting some Adsense on there. You can still add affiliate marketing and direct advertising later down the road. Might as well generate some income.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True but is adsense really my best option? I feel like everyone tunes it out specially when your current needs have been satisfied on the current webpage. Has anyone had any luck with other ad platforms?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not. The amount of traffic I'm generating wouldn't make it worth while.

if you're getting 50 > 90 uniques a day, how come it's not worth while?

:rolleyes:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True but is adsense really my best option?

It's not the only option but it has a lot of positives. I have a couple of relevant resources that may help you:

Does this constitute a success?

As compared to what? What are your goals with this site? To flip it? To attract an end user? To live off the revenue? Determine that first and then you'll have something to compare it to.

Good luck. :)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Tia

You have a good point. I don't need to live of the revenue of one site but would definitely like to continue building it. I guess my goal would be to earn $1,000 per month. Problem is it's in the personality test niche which doesn't have a great variety of products or advertisers. The only thing I've thought of so far was using amazon affiliates to push related books. Admittedly, I'm new to the whole monetization side of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom