Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NO CRYING DISCLAIMER: Help me write one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd ranted before about how some people in this business get all emotional about their domains, which becomes a problem with they attach their ego to their portfolio. When that happens, they are shocked and offended when they get an offer (or appraisal) lower than they hoped for because they have an inappropriate bond -- you have insulted their self-worth. This has happened time and time again, so I think we need a disclaimer for our offers and counteroffers. A rough draft is below; any additions/suggestions?

IMPORTANT: We are a company in the business of buying and selling domain names. The enclosed is intended to portray what we are willing to pay at this time (within 72 hours of the time this email is sent). It is not to be construed as an insult to your manhood, your penis size, your success in life, future value of the name, or anything else. It's just an offer to purchase your domain name(s), nothing more, nothing less. You are free to accept, decline, or counteroffer as you please. Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would sell or buy any domains after reading that disclaimer.
The first two sentences are fine and so are the last two.
Get rid of the third sentence.
just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom