Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

No More Credit Cards At Flippa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree, not sure why they made that decision.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because, they did not want people charging back after the worthless sites they realized they bought. Flippa is full of scams, sometimes I just scan the website listings and laugh. I'll even say that 98% of Flippa website listings are scams.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like how they get rid of credit cards (as it's more complicated to do a charge back since the bank has to see what was purchased and gives the merchant a fighting chance before it goes through, possibly taking up to 3 weeks depending on the amount), but PayPal remains. All it takes is a simple, "I didn't buy that" to PP and your money is back in your account instantly. No questions asked... unless things have changed. o_O

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Dave, you are correct. PayPal changed its logo, but nothing else changed :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Because, they did not want people charging back after the worthless sites they realized they bought. Flippa is full of scams, sometimes I just scan the website listings and laugh. I'll even say that 98% of Flippa website listings are scams.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of domains and web sites that aren't kosher.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PayPal won't do anything for intangible goods. There is no dispute for intangible items, so buyers that get f*cked are shit out of luck sadly.

Items are eligible unless they are excluded below:

• Real estate, motor vehicles, capital equipment, travel tickets, and events tickets
  • Intangible items
  • Services
  • Items purchased using PayPal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal
  • You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but in the case of purchasing a name that they knew damn well they wanted via PayPal, they know the possibility of being f*cked with lies of traffic claims, etc. They walked into the trap of the sales page. It's their fault for purchasing through PayPal. However, PP doesn't give a damn about the seller whatever the product is. They will refund no questions asked. I could send you $100 now and say it was a typo and they would refund my money. What if I already transferred "the name" out by then?

It's like AS SEEN ON TV, 100% money back guarantee. They will give your money back, if you ship their sh*tty product back. So. people are stuck with it.

With Uniregistry, it could have been an excellent backup source to purchase as nothing was going through last night. I called my bank and they said no transactions were even being received to be declined. I changed my address to an American one and tried again, still wouldn't process (as it's an American issued card with a Japanese billing address, I thought maybe they stopped letting "international" cards be processed). That wasn't the issue.

I liked the name, but not enough to be mad over it since the UI is just so damn clean (would have typically taken 10 seconds or less to register on Uniregistry, takes me about 15 minutes with GoDaddy with all the up-sells, cross-sells, etc. that keep asking "ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY THIS FANTASTIC PRODUCT?!". Luckily, I got 420[.]recipes after a post about NNN.cool that @Theo made (someone beat me to the last one that I would consider of 333.cool, with 420/247/365/777/888/444 taken). If the .recipes gTLD does work and legalization continues to take place, I foresee it being developed into an e-or-published book of edibles. Took my chances and paid for privacy (which would have been free at Uniregistry) and $50 for it since I saw the search results of just that term and found sites like Cook Book 4 20 dot com. Entire sites dedicated to those delicious, yummy, what was I talking about?

I will only buy gTLD's for the purpose of holding to sell at this time if it has foreseeable development purposes to me as things are in the air and I can rank them if need be. When G sees prices of .recipes, they may rank it higher or let it have a fighting chance... who knows (as when .info's were 99 cents, they were garbage with ranking and I don't even think they recovered from that)? Least I can tolerate the topic and develop it since there won't be any natural type-in traffic for a while (if ever).

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PayPal will not refund payments for intangible goods, only for products that can be shipped and tracked. (eBay seller for 4 years)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Want to double down and see? You can't show this thread to a representative to back your case. :eek:

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you, send a payment as a service with no shipping address. If they refund I will pay you back double. I'm a gambling man, how about a nice wager.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're on. @Theo , could you delete posts regarding to our "transaction" just in case we waste PP's time investigating and @icedude send me a PM stating that you're selling one of your best domains for $50 (don't want you to lose too much) and name what it is plus the PP address to send to. After I send you the money, email me at the address provided with subject line: exact domain name .com and body: exactdomainname.com.

I will win my case. ;)

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol..... Naw, I'm good too risky, never had a case opened on me. I punked out man.... Don't want to get my PayPal suspended... even though I know I will win the case....

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'd win, but I'll let you win, by thinking you won. :D

At any rate, I think Uniregistry should verify identities of people, credit cards redacted (last 5 digits showing), a bill, license, passport, a hair follicle and a blood sample sent in to the HQ office that enables you the option of paying with PayPal in a crisis where their credit card processing fails to work in dire situations. :p

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Using PayPal is a loaded gun...playing Russian Roulette.

PayPal does NOT investigate and it WILL NOT reimburse the buyer if the seller does not transfer (electronic goods, intangible property, etc.)

Even if you use a credit card to fund the PayPal account, the credit card companies cave into PayPal policies.

You have been forewarned

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom