Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Non-Paying DNForum member – after $40K offer at Afternic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Early on, I myself had 3 Afternic sales where domainers didn't follow through with a sale and Afternic did nothing about it.. Probably one of the reasons I hate selling to domainers.

Clearly "Zorro" is responsible for failing to pay, and it doesn't matter if it was him who made the purchase or an employee, an employee is a representative of the company acting for the company, he clearly had the authority to "BUY" domain names did he not? and sure as hell wasn't buying it for himself was he?

If the buyer is not going to follow through with the purchase, then at the VERY LEAST what he should do is pay the seller 10% of the sale price.. There needs to be some repercussion as well as compensation to the seller... Just my 2 cents.

yodaj

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain was not a typo domain but a good domain. So it was not that the guy put in a bid and then said "oh my gosh ..this is not the domain I wanted..I made a big mistake" … He also would not have put in a lower bid which showed intent and thought. In addition, if by mistake he could have done many things to rectify the situation. He didn’t. Only after posting here-came a bunch of different "explanations".

Asking the partner himself to speak up is irrelevant as I'm sure he will coordinate with Zorro. In addition it doesn’t really matter what reason or excuse he might give.

A penalty makes sense. It's about time the different domain market places add this in their contracts. It would bring more respect to this industry.

A contract is binding. Otherwise no market place can exist. Let's just go by trust and have no documents and no lawyers at all and no legal papers... If domains are to be treated as an asset class of their own or as virtual real-estate then they need to be treated the same way.

Rick wrote the following about domain hijackers and it is relevant to buyers who don’t keep to their end of the contract too.

You have to decide if the reputation of your entire company is worth it.
Folks that are abusing the process and lose suffer no criminal or legal penalty as of today. That WILL change. But until then, our job is to tar and feather their deeds. Let folks know what the company they do business with is up to. Let them know their values. Let them know how they think. How they try and steal.
http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...ijacking-and-the-virtual-scarlett-letter.html

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cartoonz really nails it ! LMFAO..... his take on the respondent's different versions, senseless attacks on others and entire attitude during the whole thread is a AAA+++

:eyebrows:

Wait... there's a conspiracy against you by some higher masters that we supposedly all serve? Hmmm... I don't recall getting that memo..............

...............Conspiracies, 12yr old grudges, Lords and Masters, condescending name calling, space aliens, etc... that's not really going to help. But sure, continue down that road if you like, at least it provides some entertainment value...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators